Anyone else has VERY high cholesterol?

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A year ago, I had testing done and everything was good (blood pressure, glucose) except for my cholesterol. My total cholesterol was 206, which is high. Anything over 200 is considered above normal.

For an entire year, I've been exercising and eating healthy. Cardio for 45 mins a day, 5 days a week. I never skipped a single day of cardio. I've been eating nothing but healthy food. No transfat, a lot of good veggies, very lean, low sodium meals. Lots of lean chicken, salmon, brown rice. I dropped weight, went from 185 to 164, would've been more, but I was also gaining some muscle. Went from almost 24% body fat to just under 17%. I had very few cheat days and only on special occasions.

I did the annual testing again today, and my fucking total cholesterol is 274. My good cholesterol is 50. What the fuck happened?

you exercise and eat healthy what do you even worry about, you're hot as fuck and will live a long happy life bro

im pretty sure i do but im not going to the doctor or whatever unless im fucked and i got to make a trip to the ER, this happened twice last year and i received full medical attention

as for the question why your cholesterol is high i dont even know, seems like a glitch

My Spanish teacher back in high school confessed to a cholesterol level of over 400. I immediately raised my hand, "What's the Spanish word for HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN ALIVE?"

Sucks. I was excited as hell this morning to see my results and now I don't know what to do.

Shit man that really sucks. Age and genetics play a role in it. Still it doesn’t make a lot of sense that it rose that much in a year where you had a complete life style change. Did you get a chance to talk to a provider about the results?

Yeah, she told me to diet and exercise

Maybe some dork in the lab accidentally switched up your result with a fat fuck who happened to took the test the same day as you.

high cholesterol
addicted to alcohol
see you in hell, y'all

my cholesterol is only slightly above average. the doctors are more worried about my blood pressure and my neck is also pretty beat up.

High LDL is just one part of the picture. If you HDL is in the normal range, your triglycerides are normal, and your inflammatory markers are within range then a little high LDL isn't the end of the world. Sounds like your doctor is trying to treat that value and ignoring everything else.

You told everybody everything you have been doing right.

What about all the stuff that you have been doing wrong?

Do you snack on junk? Deserts? Sugary drinks? Eat out? Alcohol?

How does a person commit to cardio 45mins a day 5 days a week and still have 17% body fat?

Something is not adding up.

I have no idea what's good or bad in this thread, that's not anything like my results.<{vega}>

What about all the stuff that you have been doing wrong?

How does a person commit to cardio 45mins a day 5 days a week and still have 17% body fat?

his fat procentage sounds about ok for 5 times a week cardio

Its pretty much average

Going lower he would need to amp up exercise and stricter diet

his fat procentage sounds about ok for 5 times a week cardio

Its pretty much average

Going lower he would need to amp up exercise and stricter diet

The average person does not do cardio 5 times a week for 45 mins.

A year ago, I had testing done and everything was good (blood pressure, glucose) except for my cholesterol. My total cholesterol was 206, which is high. Anything over 200 is considered above normal.

For an entire year, I've been exercising and eating healthy. Cardio for 45 mins a day, 5 days a week. I never skipped a single day of cardio. I've been eating nothing but healthy food. No transfat, a lot of good veggies, very lean, low sodium meals. Lots of lean chicken, salmon, brown rice. I dropped weight, went from 185 to 164, would've been more, but I was also gaining some muscle. Went from almost 24% body fat to just under 17%. I had very few cheat days and only on special occasions.

I did the annual testing again today, and my fucking total cholesterol is 274. My good cholesterol is 50. What the fuck happened?

Cholesterol isn't the boogeyman once thought it was...

- How do you feel daily?
- Heart rate and Blood Pressure good?
- How's your cardio?

My tends to be on the higher end too... around 200. I'm 48 and my resting BPM is around 60-65 and blood pressure is around 110/65. Training to run a half marathon in March and I lift 4-5 days per week in the morning.

All my other bloodwork is fine as well... I wouldn't worry about it for now. Maybe they took blood from you on an off day.

What about all the stuff that you have been doing wrong?shit diet

shit diet, I was doing boxing, thai and bjj 6 days a week, 20+ hrs a week, had a resting heart rate of 42, and was still around that too.

45 mins cardio a day 5 days a week will give you 2 beers extra on calories/ day and nothing more. If you have bad genetics you can still easily end up as a fat slob.

Have you tried giving up chicken? Lot of cholesterol there.

Back