Anyone else find it disgusting BFC tries to piggy back off UFC's success

Turk February

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly if you were in the UFC's shoes and you were 40 million in the hole, had every one tell you it was a stupid investment to go into MMA, spent even more to rehabilitate the sport and get it legalized around the world, wouldn't you be upset to have fly by night carpet bagging organizations pop up to try and take advantage of your hard work?

Yeah, just like I find it disgusting that Burger King is trying to piggy back off of McDonalds success or Taco Johns is trying to piggy back off of Taco Bells success.

The ufc was on its deathbed until spike got involved. Spike built it up and the ufc jumped ship and now the product is dying again. Spike is now building up bellator instead and doing whats right for the sport of mma.

Spike deserves MMA just as much as anyone else, they were and are a major reason for the sports growth. If they want Bellator I dont see any issue with it. The UFC left Spike by choice.

Spike deserves MMA just as much as anyone else, they were and are a major reason for the sports growth. If they want Bellator I dont see any issue with it. The UFC left Spike by choice.

How? They got UFC for free while UFC paid 10 millon to get TUF made.

The ufc was on its deathbed until spike got involved. Spike built it up and the ufc jumped ship and now the product is dying again. Spike is now building up bellator instead and doing whats right for the sport of mma.

I know you are the resident Bellator nut hugger, but everything you just typed is complete horse shit. Spike had so much confidence in MMA that they only accepted TUF 1 as a time buy. which means they would show the series as long as it costs them nothing.. Zuffa had to fork out the cash to produce TUF 1.

Spike was lucky that their network at that time was fucking shite and therefore did not have great rating shows, so they had a slot available for a risky series like TUF. the fact is they helped each other grow.

and don't make me laugh about doing what's right for MMA, they are about money nothing more. And if you believe otherwise, god help you (because you are stupid).

Yeah, just like I find it disgusting that Burger King is trying to piggy back off of McDonalds success or Taco Johns is trying to piggy back off of Taco Bells success.

Taco Johns? WTF is that?

As for the question TS asks they are gonna copy what works, if it works you use it, simple as that.

UFC copies from WWE, boxing copies from UFC and so on. Everyone copies from each other.

This is a common business practice. People take ideas that are currently existing and try to improve on them in whatever way they can. Is normal.

I can't tell if you're a bad troll or just incredibly irrational on behalf of a company that presumably doesn't even pay you a cent.

BTW it's funny you disclose this agenda against Bellator simply because they came onto the scene later, but then you want people to take you seriously on other opinions about them like "no Bellator fighter deserves to be top 10 in the rankings". Not that it wasn't already an inherently stupid statement, because it was, but now you've completely destroyed what little credibility you had on the matter or just about anything.

Honestly if you were in the UFC's shoes and you were 40 million in the hole, had every one tell you it was a stupid investment to go into MMA, spent even more to rehabilitate the sport and get it legalized around the world, wouldn't you be upset to have fly by night carpet bagging organizations pop up to try and take advantage of your hard work?

UFC didn't create the sport as much as NFL didn't create football. They are number one in the game obviously, but just because smaller orgs pop up doesn't mean they are biting on your hard work. They put the money in too, they built the name too, the put on the shows and deal with the media and fighters just like anybody else with any type of fighting org.

They didn't just plop a building down and say "Now we are just like the UFC, so give me your UFC money". The small orgs work for their shit, get their licenses, and abide by the letter of the law just like everyone else.

Just you, TS.

This is how business works in a free market. We should be glad that UFC-rejects still get to fight for a big organization on PPV. Good for the sport and the fighters.

UFC buys all competitors

just a matter of time if Bellator becomes more popular it will absorb it like it did Strikeforce, WEC, Pride

What's BFC? Is that some chicken place? Anyway, I enjoy BMMA and what they're doing; not their fault the PPV had some hiccups.

I hate kids who piggyback of their parents success in the job market too. Stupid f'n kids!

Just admit you are a UFC brand cheerleader TS

I'm sure you'd find it fine that the UFC counter promote or talk down Bellator every chance they get because 'that's business', but when Bellator capitalise on the same market, the same rules don't apply?

Yeah, totally, man!
Once one company enters a particular field, no one else should ever be allowed to provide that service or good ever again!
Lack of a competitive market is the American way!

What a childish thread. Apparently TS doesn't have idea about capitalism, market and competition

Back