Anyone else felt like Silva's corner should have thrown in the towel at some point?

unless i am mistaken, towel throwing is not allowed in the ufc any more. only the referee can stop a fight and only fighter can tap.

I think it results in a DQ, so its basically the same thing.

Fuck the rules if your fighter is getting beaten and has no chance of winning you should just throw it, stop the fight who cares what comes next.

One reason I think they don't strictly allow it is that the cage is huge and the ref should not have to look out for it so its not an offical way to stop a fight but it kinda is.

Who was the under card fighter who could barely return to his corner after the 2nd (he was fucked) and then came out with a fairly impressive 3rd round?

I would say no because he still hurt him a couple times with body shots. If anything I woulda threw the towel on JDS in JDS vs Cain 3

yes but I understand why they did not. It seemed like Matt was just one perfectly landed body shot away from being finished as well. So even though Matt was doing so much damage they had hope.

yes but I understand why they did not. It seemed like Matt was just one perfectly landed body shot away from being finished as well. So even though Matt was doing so much damage they had hope.

I watched all of Game of Throne last week.

Your name finally makes sense to me.

The..On... Grey Joy? I thought it was an emo song.

His corner should have told him to go for the gut...

When I looked at Silva's eyes they seemed distant and empty. He was fighting and surviving on pure instinct, he seemed so out of it.

Some guys are too tough for their own good, and someone should have protected Silva last night.

I watched all of Game of Throne last week.

Your name finally makes sense to me.

The..On... Grey Joy? I thought it was an emo song.

lucky you. I usually let shows run several seasons ahead before watching so I can enjoy them on my own pace and time and catch up much later. I kind of wish I did that with GoT. I did that with The Wire never watching an episode until it was done and then watching the entire run back to back to back. I am envious.

lucky you. I usually let shows run several seasons ahead before watching so I can enjoy them on my own pace and time and catch up much later. I kind of wish I did that with GoT. I did that with The Wire never watching an episode until it was done and then watching the entire run back to back to back. I am envious.

That was the exact feeling I had when I got to the last episode. Why did I do this to myself?

I've been holding off SoA for this reason.

Some fighters choke in title fights (Ken Flo)
Some fighters choke in #1 contender fights (Bisping)
Erick Silva is one of those fighters who chokes against top fighters.
He is decent but highly overrated.

Still confused on how he was a 2/1 favorite.

Monday morning quarterback

When I looked at Silva's eyes they seemed distant and empty. He was fighting and surviving on pure instinct, he seemed so out of it.

Some guys are too tough for their own good, and someone should have protected Silva last night.

Thats exactly how I felt, Same goes for JDS vs Cain rematches as other posters noted. It was ugly

Absolutely. More corners need to to a better job protecting their fighter.

JDS took a lot of unnecessary punishment against Cain.

I was glad to see Nick Diaz throw the towel in for his brother.

This isn't a video game. The damage accumulates from fight to fight and builds over time

Precisely. I mean fighters should def be given a chance to recover and turn the tables in a fight but sometimes is just too obvious that the fight for one of the fighters is over way before the stoppage comes.

And it aint about referee mistake or anything. There are clear rules as to when a ref is supposed to stop the fight. Its the corner men who should keep an eye on their fighters and look out for their best interest first and foremost. Much like Diaz did for his brother.

maybe i need to rewatch, but i think him being gassed so bad, made it look worse than it was.

maybe i need to rewatch, but i think him being gassed so bad, made it look worse than it was.

Him gassing played a role in it, but I had the feeling it was not just the gassing. It looked as if he gave up as he spent big parts of the 2nd and the 3rd with his back against the fence taking numerous unanswered elbows, punches and knees mostly to the head.

It could have been stopped at the point when he was too tired to have power to hurt Brown. At one point he was still hurting Brown on body.

He should fire his corner, why the fuck do these guys (like the did santos) feel its ok to let their fighter get unecessarily punished?

Back