1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Anyone else feel stuck?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Smashandgrab, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Smashandgrab Red Belt

Beaver bucks, homie. If I was making 70K USD, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

2. Uchi Mata Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks

Sounds like you're in decent health and relatively free to do what you want, I'd consider quitting my job and adventuring. Seriously. What do you like to do most? Would you be okay being poor if you could do that thing all the time? If so, find a way to do it while making a living. It doesn't sound like you have much to lose unless you really like your job. I like my job, married with a young son, but if none of that was true I'd be teaching grappling full time even though I probably wouldn't make shit for money.

When you figure out what you'd like to do in a perfect world and then start looking at the things stopping you, in many cases you find that those things are actually not that big of obstacles. Most people never do this either because they do have something like career or family that ties them down, or they just feel like they can't violate the social expectations of working a normal job and trying to make as much $$$ as possible. But if you don't care about those pressures then just figure out a way to do what you like with a roof over your head and enough to eat.

3. Irenaeus Black Belt

Yeah, I think that's where a lot of people are confused. They're thinking of 70k USD and not 55 or so.

4. Goodfella86 Gold Belt

Lol perfect

5. Juggernaut B White Belt

I'm on the same boat, kinda. It feels like I'm just waiting for my life to happens.

Things are getting better lately but I still feel like nothing is happening.

6. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

I'm in Toronto, from what I've seen and heard from, most of the time its a lease