Anyone else feel kinda sorry for Rousey?

I think she could be better without her fake mean face and shitty attitude

Last edited:
A little bit, yeah. I think if she hadn't poured all her energy into Judo and then MMA, she could well have suffered with some mental health problems and she may be susceptible when she retires. I haven't read her book, but some of the things I've heard about her abusing pills and suffering with bulimia in the past definitely point to her feeling she needs to employ control strategies in order to make herself feel better. There's deep-seated anger within her, and in my opinion it's there because of the death of her father when she was young. Fulfilment in your professional and personal life doesn't always equal happiness.

Those of you who point to her success, fame and wealth as reasons why there's no way anyone should feel sorry for her, or that it means she's completely happy are lucky; it probably means you haven't experienced any mental health problems yourselves.

Being happy doesn't always mean farting rainbows and dancing in cupcake forests. Some people are just assholes and enjoy being assholes. Ronda has a bitchy streak, and I'm sure a long camp and the weight cut at the end bring it out of her more than usual.

Different people behave differently. People really need to stop with the armchair psycho-analysis of fighters, or anyone they don't really know.

I feel sorry for her opponents. She is a warrior goddess. She does not require your pity. Your pity is hilarious to her.

Fedor remaried his first wife. Of course she is bitter.

i bet you get lots of pussy lol... now that was hilarious xD

lets step back and look at what happened:
- i thought you wrote a joke post and laughed.
- your response was to get defensive and tell some random guy on the same internet mma messageboard as yourself that you think he was not getting "pussy"?

that was your go to? haha, it turns out you were being unintentionally hilarious in your first post i quoted, and then your idea of a defensive comeback was "you get no pussy" lol....its cliche for me to do this, but sometimes i just cant resist...how old are you? 14?

I feel sorry for the OP feeling sorry for a millionaire World Champion.

Are you 12?

I don't even know who you were replying to and what they said.. I just saw your name, (which is something a 12-year old me would have thought was cool) and a "not getting pussy" accusation and thought it was rather hilarious, then you confirmed my stereotype with "I worship satan and I'm the antichrist" comment

haha, i replied to him before reading yours...i thought he might be 14....but now i'm thinking you might be closer. he'll most likely come back and tell us he's 22, which is what i imagine a 12-14 year old would think is the epitome of maturity

1.built up as a megastar for beating MUCH less competition
2.gets paid handsomely despite being in a "lesser" division
3.worshiped by most mma fans for reasons unknown
4.gets acting gigs despite having almost 0 acting skills

yea sorry i don't......

I feel sorry for the OP feeling sorry for a millionaire World Champion.

some people just HAVE to put themselves in that headspace regarding successful people to feel better for themselves.

its like, "shes pretty, opinionated, top of her field, young, seems to have a good relationship with her family, AND is rich and relatively famous??!?!?!?! ....well she must be miserable because sometimes she has negative opinions in interviews...yeah, of course, shes miserable, and i'm happy...yeah, thats it. i'm better than her.....let me go tell sherdog"

I'd much rather a champion who is real about their personality, than someone who puts on a front to sell tickets. Ronda is a divisive character for sure - she is simultaneously charismatic and cruel, which is a lot more interesting than, for example, Diaz brothers' fake thuggery or Cain's complete lack of personality.

Maybe Edmond hasn't been eating it right.

427137_200x130.png

I can see that you're gotten to. Don't be. Also, don't be sad because she obliterated your favourite fight and/or you're not a fan of WMMA.

Also, she didn't come off even the slightest bit bitter in her appearance on JRE. Sounded like any other girl her age really, only with the ability to kill people.

They always say money can't buy happiness......I'd like to find out first hand sometime though :)

Actually I don't feel sorry for her but she is bitter and angry and seem insecure a lot of the time. But that's what fuels her and drives her to train so hard. Without that edge she wouldn't push that extra rep.

Mike Tyson for example said he was happier and more free when he was broke compared to when he had millions. I don't think it's about money for Ronda either.

Back