Anyone else feel Jones has poor footwork?

compared with JDS, both fighters were bad. Jones could not defend himself and Gustafson could has used more jabs and longer combos, he looked like playing some sort of Machida game. JDS is bigger than both and moves a lot better. props to the heavy weights. Velasquez and JDS are the toughest mofos

He looked awkward and flat footed because every time he switched stances, it made no difference to Gus at all, he just kept moving and jabbing and and hitting jones from all angles. Gus has great boxing and doesnt care if your orthadox or southpaw, i think that his performance really highlighted the importance of footwork. Jones footwork has never been that great and i always thought it would be a good boxer that would beat him, though i didnt rate Gus as being the guy. I thought Gus won the fight.

no one wanted to admit it, but it turns out Jones physical advantages were compensating for some deficiencies

Of course they were, it's called using your strengths to an advantage and for some reason people seem to have a problem with that. I dont see anyone saying gus is too big for the division. He obviously uses his reach too.

gus uses alot of energy to keep up that movement. just sayin everything has a cost.

Jones has shown good footwork at times, especially at range. He has also shown terrible footwork too. Overall its pretty weak compared to guys like Pettis, Edgar, etc...

Jones fans finally rolling out with the excuses. "his toe was clearly injured!" Thats why he said it was 100% right?

no one wanted to admit it, but it turns out Jones physical advantages were compensating for some deficiencies

Just as Gustafsson's mask his deficiencies. Gustafsson is more naturally talented.

not trying to look for excuses but his footwork seemed a little worse than usual truth be told.
Also Gus has amazing footwork which really highlighted the difference between the two

probably the same reason Gus was able to beat all the dwarfs he stomped on the way to the title shot, right?

He looked extremely beatable last night. Not the mythic fighter his walkout t-shirt suggested...

Ive been saying this from day 1. his physical size strength supercedes his actual skill in technique. size/Strength < technique is not true.

look at bob sapp vs ernesto hoost

Back