Anyone else feel different about Khabib now?

He’s full of shit
But they all are
Non fighters love to believe that fighters care about fans and that fighters fight for honour
They don’t
Everyone is fighting for money and you’re favourite fighter doesn’t give a shit about you
That’s all

I don't support people who don't have a problem with marrying 9 year olds.

OP reads like some social justice piece in a college newspaper.

"I liked him until I realized he doesn't eat pork. Oh, if only he would turn from his ways... But don't quote me on that."

Great fighter, terrible human being

I feel the same about him now as I did previously. I was not fond of his actions before the fight (threatening the whole UFC about not being able to step into Russia if Cuckbib doesn't get it his way) and his extreme focus on Islamism, and am not fond of the same things post Mcgregor. That along with his close ties to scums just says even more about him.

Strikes to the face are haram in Islam, so Khabib doesn't really represent the best of Islam. He's promoting sin. It's no better than him going out there are promoting his new whiskey.

It's always gonna be tough if you confuse being fan of a fighter with being fan of a person. And a bit childish, I must say.

Why the fuck would you care if Khabib is a muslim? Why would anyone care that Jon Jones is a coke addict?

They are great fighters, and that's what they do. That's the part of them you admire.

Great points.
I couldn't care less what Khabibs religion is. I find him to be a pretty down to earth dude and and a hell of a lot more likable than several other champs.

It's hard to be a fan of the guy at the top. No one wants to look fairweather and like a bandwagon fan, but for most of us who are members of this forum and consider ourselves to be mma hardcores, we've known how good Khabib is for some years. The result against Mcgregor was only suprising to a few on here, and hats off to those guys for staying true and maintaining the belief, but now when I think of Khabib I don't really feel the admiration for him that I used to have. His manager is a literal former terrorist. On top of this we hear about instances of Khabib not shaking hands with women on TV out of "respect" and now we see (months after the fight) Khabib or his manager taking shots at a fighter he already beat in Conor. Building schools in Africa or something but those kids MUST convert to Islam - don't quote me on that. It's all pretty tasteless for me.

I read in the build up to Conor v Khabib, that Nurmagomedov represents the best of Islam - a hard working family man that has no vices, is extremely disciplined and focused on reaching the pinnacle. And Conor the worst of the west, a trash talking disrespectful drunk, seemingly willing to do anything for money. If this was the case and khabib is supposed to be this great guy, why has not tried to present Islam in a more palatable way and open up it's doors to the west. Religion should be kept out of the public eye but Khabib is constantly making political statements, frequently paying visits to warlords like Khadyrov and Putin. All of this has culminated in an attitude change towards Khabib for me. I think we all knew he was a bit arrogant all along, but his outbursts against Dana were justified because he was the best fighter in the division for about the last 5 years. I just want him to start acting and saying the right things again because it feels tough to be a fan of him right now
For a "hardcore mma fan" you are way too attached to what happens outside of the octagon

Back