Anyone else feel different about Khabib now?

I don’t care for him as a person, and I don’t care what his dad has to say, but I think he’s currently the best fighter in the UFC, as in P4P #1.

There is the system of counting title defenses and rating those guys highest, but IMO, all weight being equal, I think Khabib would beat any fighter in the UFC.

It's hard to be a fan of the guy at the top. No one wants to look fairweather and like a bandwagon fan, but for most of us who are members of this forum and consider ourselves to be mma hardcores, we've known how good Khabib is for some years. The result against Mcgregor was only suprising to a few on here, and hats off to those guys for staying true and maintaining the belief, but now when I think of Khabib I don't really feel the admiration for him that I used to have. His manager is a literal former terrorist. On top of this we hear about instances of Khabib not shaking hands with women on TV out of "respect" and now we see (months after the fight) Khabib or his manager taking shots at a fighter he already beat in Conor. Building schools in Africa or something but those kids MUST convert to Islam - don't quote me on that. It's all pretty tasteless for me.

I read in the build up to Conor v Khabib, that Nurmagomedov represents the best of Islam - a hard working family man that has no vices, is extremely disciplined and focused on reaching the pinnacle. And Conor the worst of the west, a trash talking disrespectful drunk, seemingly willing to do anything for money. If this was the case and khabib is supposed to be this great guy, why has not tried to present Islam in a more palatable way and open up it's doors to the west. Religion should be kept out of the public eye but Khabib is constantly making political statements, frequently paying visits to warlords like Khadyrov and Putin. All of this has culminated in an attitude change towards Khabib for me. I think we all knew he was a bit arrogant all along, but his outbursts against Dana were justified because he was the best fighter in the division for about the last 5 years. I just want him to start acting and saying the right things again because it feels tough to be a fan of him right now

Not sure why you think twisting the neck of a shit-talking, gangster wannabe leprechaun would make someone from Dirtvillage, Podunkistan suddenly the shining religious exemplar of billions around the world, but I think your assumptions are the bigger problem here.

Jon Jones loves to throw the name Jesus around, and he’s about the biggest star the UFC has. Should we text Pope Francis and let him know he can stay home, because Johnny Bones is on the case for all Christianity?

Half the people here only jumped on the khabib hype because Conor made them feel insecure and wanted someone to root for.

Now khabib won all the birds have come to roost. Khabib represents an ultra orthodox edge of Islam that doesn't shake hands with women, hates rap music and many other bizarre claims, all while having the arrogance to tell others to be 'humble'.

I'd like to think that people wouldn't root for an open Nazi because they 'only care about the fight style'. But tbh that's perhaps being a bit to optimistic about the people that frequent this board. It's absolute bullshit.

And then there's that 'legit black belt' who tapped out in 3 of the 4 MMA fights he ever had. You know, before taking up a career as a terrorist informer to stay in the US.

Religion should be kept out of the public eye

You do watch MMA right?

They're all at it, thanking their imaginary man or woman or whatever at the start of the post fight interview. Apparently their success is down to this god which is strange as I thought it was down to skill, fitness, training etc..... but whatever.

It's hard to be a fan of the guy at the top. No one wants to look fairweather and like a bandwagon fan, but for most of us who are members of this forum and consider ourselves to be mma hardcores, we've known how good Khabib is for some years. The result against Mcgregor was only suprising to a few on here, and hats off to those guys for staying true and maintaining the belief, but now when I think of Khabib I don't really feel the admiration for him that I used to have. His manager is a literal former terrorist. On top of this we hear about instances of Khabib not shaking hands with women on TV out of "respect" and now we see (months after the fight) Khabib or his manager taking shots at a fighter he already beat in Conor. Building schools in Africa or something but those kids MUST convert to Islam - don't quote me on that. It's all pretty tasteless for me.

I read in the build up to Conor v Khabib, that Nurmagomedov represents the best of Islam - a hard working family man that has no vices, is extremely disciplined and focused on reaching the pinnacle. And Conor the worst of the west, a trash talking disrespectful drunk, seemingly willing to do anything for money. If this was the case and khabib is supposed to be this great guy, why has not tried to present Islam in a more palatable way and open up it's doors to the west. Religion should be kept out of the public eye but Khabib is constantly making political statements, frequently paying visits to warlords like Khadyrov and Putin. All of this has culminated in an attitude change towards Khabib for me. I think we all knew he was a bit arrogant all along, but his outbursts against Dana were justified because he was the best fighter in the division for about the last 5 years. I just want him to start acting and saying the right things again because it feels tough to be a fan of him right now

I don't give a fuck about his beliefs or all the politics shit your talking about ...
I like him as a fighter coz the man's a beast, simple as.

No, I have always disliked Khabib. Even if he weren't a human blanket in his fights I would still dislike him because he worships that pedo prophet.

You do watch MMA right?

They're all at it, thanking their imaginary man or woman or whatever at the start of the post fight interview. Apparently their success is down to this god which is strange as I thought it was down to skill, fitness, training etc..... but whatever.
And then you have a situation like Romero vs Jacare
Both belive Jesus gives them power to win, but gives one more power cause someonen has to win. So what? He likes him more?

And then you have a situation like Romero vs Jacare
Both belive Jesus gives them power to win, but gives one more power cause someonen has to win. So what? He likes him more?

Yoel just prayed harder. If Yoel were to fight Khabib then we'd know. It'd be nothing to do with one of them having 30 lbs on the other.
Most of the Khabib > religion > bad lot are no doubt fans of the Soldier of (a different) God too.

For a hardcore fan i couldnt read one sentence linked to MMA, its about a MMA Fighter and how he is as a person, i respect Khabib the same way i respected him before for the world beater he is, i really dont care if he is a scumbag doesnt take away anything from his abilitys.

Also not shaking the hands of woman is normal especially in strict muslims and it goes both ways, the human mind is dirty so they avoid contact with the other sex.

Stopped reading at best of islam lmao. There is no best of islam. How is there anything good in something created by a guy who had sex with children? There is no good in islam just stop it with your bs
You should study and find out that history is a assemblence of terrible men doing great things bad or evil.

Yoel just prayed harder. If Yoel were to fight Khabib then we'd know. It'd be nothing to do with one of them having 30 lbs on the other.
Most of the Khabib > religion > bad lot are no doubt fans of the Soldier of (a different) God too.
I like Romero, his antics are pretty funny to me, but I like him for violence, not for being a "Soldier of God" or some other BS
Like Chael Sonnen said: “You know, these guys want to talk about God. 'Oh, I want to thank God. I want to thank God.' Listen, I'm a God-fearing man, go to church every Sunday and have since I was a boy. But if I ever found out that God cared one way or another about a borderline illegal fist-fight on Saturday night, I would be so greatly disappointed that it would make rethink my entire belief system."

His next fight will determine his legacy.
If he smashes tony then he will be lw goat for sure.
If he tries to play mcgregor then he will be forgotten fast.

My guess his body has 2-3years of peak performance left.
He should just fight it out and end with gsp superfight if he still is undefeated.

TLDR, but i like Khabib a whole lot less than I used to. I just want a lightweight champion that defends against contenders instead of wasting time with Nate Diaz and Floyd Mayweather. Khabib is not shaping up to be that champion.

Building schools in Africa or something but those kids MUST convert to Islam - don't quote me on that. It's all pretty tasteless for me.

I know you said not to quote you... but where did you get this from?

The nature of gravity makes mudslime sink with time..
What may seem like a good image will in time go down the mud when there is slime involved.

Mudslime..

When Conor makes his return he is going to destroy Khabib and send all his fans back into hiding

Yeah, I'm not informed as you seem to be on the topic, but I have recoiled a bit from his apparent smugness and some of the comments he's made about Conor recently. It wasn't enough to totally turn me against him but it definitely rubbed off some of the shine for me. However, assuming everything you say is true (I haven't taken the time to verify it), then bravo on a good post, and I'm inclined to heartily agree with you.

Back