Anyone else excited to see Kanako Murata fight today?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
She’s 11-1 and only lost to Rin Nakai.
Looking at her record, she has a decent number of submissions. I’m interested to see how she has improved since her last fight.

Does anyone know if Kanako Murata trains part-time or full-time in the US now?
Thanks.

Hope she wins. Randa is still a scrappy fighter and has size and reach advantage.

I'll be watching, I haven't been blown away by her yet though. I wouldn't be surprised if Markos beats her.

I get stoked for any Japanese fighter these days.
<GinJuice>

If Asakura beats Goochi in the rematch on NYE they absolutely need to find a way to bring him in,

MeatyInbornGalapagoshawk-small.gif

I'm sure I'm not the only one who never heard of her before.

No but I bet if I put a small wager on the bout I'll become excited pretty quickly.

Yes, I'm a wrestling mark and it's kind of like having a member of the USSR wrestling team join the UFC.
Obviously the USSR is gone, and no top active Russian (or Soviet bloc) wrestlers have ever made a run at MMA, so this is the only kind of equivalent we can get (a female analogue). Kind of like peak female boxers/kickboxers (Valentina etc) join MMA because it pays well so we get to see them use those skills, but top male boxers/kickboxers get paid enough not to have to start to worry about getting grapplefucked (except back in the PRIDE/K-1 era I guess).

Since we lost Suarez recently she can also fill the 'elite wrestling' slot for WMMA, but she's not as good at MMA and still needs a couple of years of polish before it starts clicking IMO (also I think Suarez's frame was really good for MMA and that division, which no-one else can match). Spending more time in American gyms would help.

Does anyone know if Kanako Murata trains part-time or full-time in the US now?
Thanks.
I think she does camps in the USA at CSA (chosen because it's where Cejudo was at the time). bottom left with Cory McKenna (also on tonight's card). Sara McMann also trains there.

but that's just for the final camp, otherwise she trains in Japan, looks like she spent time working on wrestling recently. Yui Susaki (top right) is the best female wrestler in the world right now. So she's only part-time in the US.

Here's Murata vs the GOAT female American wrestler for the record.

Last edited:
I have a bet on so yes!

...But otherwise no

Rin is bigger and stronger than Kanako. So it's not much of a surprise.
The match was fairly competitive and entertaining.

it was also Kanako's fourth fight, all in less than a year after she started MMA; it was a big mistake to call a very experienced (20+ fights and a decade of pro MMA), much larger and stronger veteran like Rin so soon, but she wanted to try and make a name for herself.

Ppl think Rin is just a meme but she is actually a good grappler herself, was a highly ranked Judoka in her teens.

Just another mediocre grappler from Japan. Boring

Back