Anyone else cringed at Jacare's kimura?

Thought it was a great submission, very smooth! Took Herman a little while to tap. It seemed that in the beginning the arm of Herman was not pointed entirely in the right direction, as soon as it was he tapped. I could be wrong though ^^

you are correct sir.

Was falling asleep during the prelims, not because of the fights, was just knackered. Havent seen the main card but saw the pics of the kimura, brutal, Jacare's a fine addiiton to the UFC MW division. Herman rarely if ever, get bitched like that.

2005 ADCC

Kimura from guard... a move you learn in your first day of jiujitsu

Herman's should have tapped WAY earlier than he did... His shoulder actually popped.

because it takes one day to have elite sub skills ? i hate when everyone on sherdog just goes lol you learn that the first day infact its the only fucking move you ever learn

omg, I agree with iLesnar :eek:

why does anyone think Jacare would go to the ground with Palhares? Jacare stand up is far more advanced than Palhares and Palhares has already shown himself to be chinny. Jacare would keep it standing and bang it out. Jacare may be the worst match up for Palhares in the division(along with Lombard and Weidman).

If anything Roger vs Palhares makes more sense. Roger isn't a top contender and has poor standup so he probably would grapple with Palhares.

Last edited:
I really like Palhares, but that match-up doesn't have sense now. He's coming off two TKO losses... In the first round.

you are correct sir.

Ha! that's fun to hear :icon_chee Don't have much of a grappling background myself but it just looked that way. All in all a great submission, impressive to see the speed of it as well. He adjusted rapidly and it showed in Herman's reaction.

Beautiful looking submission, I thought it was about to break as well, Herman had to chance at defending it he should have just tapped earlier and avoided any injuries.

Back