Anyone else become a DC fan over Jones?

Was always a DC fan because he really did achieve some amazing things in that Strikeforce Grand Prix, and then you got this trailer on Youtube when Jones vs DC 1 was all the type.

But DC truly went through a lot during his life. He deserves props for standing strong the way he did. You can read more about this here.

Always liked Cormier since I first saw him in Strikeforce, against Bigfoot. Never really liked Jones, even at first, and it gradually got worse and worse with all the cheating, PEDs and general behaviour. Now, I'd probably cheer for Palhares over Jones, that's how much I dislike him.

Purely based on doucheness of Jones? I used to be a big fan of Jones and was pulling for him to beat DC both times, but damn, DC is just a better human being all the way around and I have found myself becoming more of a DC fan than Jones over the years.

I feel like if they ever fought again, I would be rooting for DC to beat his ass just on how much of a d-bag Jones is. Anyone else jump ship for the same reason??
I kind of like the Fake Christian, coke snorting, stripper loving madman that Jon is. These guys are cage fighters. This sport attracts all types and Jon is one of a kind.

Purely based on doucheness of Jones? I used to be a big fan of Jones and was pulling for him to beat DC both times, but damn, DC is just a better human being all the way around and I have found myself becoming more of a DC fan than Jones over the years.

I feel like if they ever fought again, I would be rooting for DC to beat his ass just on how much of a d-bag Jones is. Anyone else jump ship for the same reason??
I'm not a fan of either (something that Cormier fans/haters and Jones fans/haters always struggle with understanding).

There was a press conference where Jones said "I've been sober a month!" and everyone cheered. DC disgusted said "so what, I've been sober my whole life" and the crowd boo'd.

That says alot about MMA fans and popularity of fighters.

Not really, it shows how insecure DC is.

He has always wanted this admiration of his put on hero complex. His entire career was built on beating jones as this hero against this villain. He came down to LHW based on that theory and the idea that everyone would love him for it. He told Dana that he his hitman who would vanquish the evil and nefarious LHW champion. He was hit with reality when he was not accepted and you can see small pieces of insecurity from DC throughout his fan admiration quest. No one gives a shiit about a goody goody who tried to use Jones name as this symbol of admiration.

DC has always been sensitive and my gripe with him is the goody goody act that he thought would bring admiration to him just on the premise that jones was this villainous character. DC did it to himself, he should of just been himself.

Last edited:
I like DC as much as I hate Jones.

I like DC A LOT.

Never been a Jones fan. He is just a straight up bad person.

The statement of Jones saying he has been sober for a month should not have made DC insecure but it did because jones got the fans admiration DC always wanted.

DC has always been chasing jones and jones,s clout. I think DC is a decent guy but he has always been kind of insecure.

Pretty damn similar here. But I'll admit I've always rooted for the stoic and respectful fighters. I used to dislike DC, and was a pretty big Jones fan, but the trajectories crossed. I can't see DC ever doing any better in a rematch though.

Rooted for DC both times. Left devastated both times.

Brutal sport. It doesn't care who the better guy is.

Atleast DC never let those losses keep him down.

That loss (singular). If the sport really didn't care to any extent who the better guy was, it might have been losses.

I don't like Jones. I enjoy watching him fight. I hope to see him lose one day :)

Rooting for DC both times too. Very angry both times !
Problem was weight division, DC can't beat Prime Jones at LHW ! If the fight happened at HW, rules changed, and DC would have his chance !

Nah Jones made me hate Jones and DC made himself unlikable too. At least Jones is a funny fake person. DC is just creepy fake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back