Anyone else annoyed of Conor vs Gaethje?

They're are a lot more annoying things in the UFC, MMA, Life, than Conor vs Gaethje proposed fight. In fact that's welcome news if true getting to see the rare moment Conor fight at his actual weight class where he was so called champ. Khabib busy preparing for Tony, Conor preparing for another coke, whisky, & women party. Any talk of him fighting at lw should be welcomed news.

I was gonna say the same thing for Conor. Justin would pose that same threat to him.
I really really hope gaethje 2.0 (whom nobody talks about since conor announced his return) has some good ass head movement and blocking. If so, we got ourselves a fight. But I hate lightweight because there just aren't enough wrestlers and all rounders with deadly ground game. in the top ten. Makes you wonder what would happen if gaethje started using his wrestling, someone actually agreed to fight ferreira and people stopped trying to avoid wrestlers. All these striker matches, to me, feel artificial, because I always have the impression that if they fought competent wrestlers more regularly things would look different.

I really really hope gaethje 2.0 (whom nobody talks about since conor announced his return) has some good ass head movement and blocking.
I highly doubt he switched up his just bleed mentality. I think with him, it's always going to be kill or be killed.

Justin is probably going to face Tony or Khabib next once the other fighter pulls out.

I highly doubt he switched up his just bleed mentality. I think with him, it's always going to be kill or be killed.
Look up the luke thomas morning kombat breakdown of the cowboy fight and his interview. There's been a marked change in his approach. His defence is better but his offence has improved slightly. He typically took 10 strikes per minute and landed 8, but since the Homer Simpson fight he's been harder to hit. Look at the cowboy fight too. The only thing is, I don't know if it'll be enough. I really hope he's the aggressor in this fight and he doesn't get backed up like these other simps. I sincerely hope he gets the fight, beats the shit out of conor and gets the winner of Tony vs khabib.

I think Conor will starch him and would legitimize the re-match title shot against Khabib. I'm all for it.

I for one would like to see Khabib face at least 1 high level wrestler in his career, Justin poses threats to Khabib that hasn't had to deal with yet, which is crazy.

Stylistically Justin matches up well with Khabib, where as stylistically Conor matches up very well against Justin.

I get Ali wanting to get a huge pay day in Conor vs Justin, and protecting his golden eagle, and I get Justin being to dumb to see it. But come on, Justin is tailor-made for Conor, it'll be Conor vs Eddie 2, and all it does is knock off a good stylistic threat to Khabib.
What should happen (but won't) is Gaethje faces winner of Khabib/ Tony, Conor faces the loser, Hooker faces Poirier.

Imagine complaining about this fight......

I for one would like to see Khabib face at least 1 high level wrestler in his career, Justin poses threats to Khabib that hasn't had to deal with yet, which is crazy.

Stylistically Justin matches up well with Khabib, where as stylistically Conor matches up very well against Justin.

I get Ali wanting to get a huge pay day in Conor vs Justin, and protecting his golden eagle, and I get Justin being to dumb to see it. But come on, Justin is tailor-made for Conor, it'll be Conor vs Eddie 2, and all it does is knock off a good stylistic threat to Khabib.

ragin al is a high level wrestler he as a ncaa all amercain

conor in the end won t fight justin or if he does it he at 170 to use that as a scape goat to still demand khabib if justin submits him.

how is conor perfext for justin or do you mean perfect as justin will put conor on his back and well have tap machine 2,0 again

ragin al is a high level wrestler he as a ncaa all amercain

conor in the end won t fight justin or if he does it he at 170 to use that as a scape goat to still demand khabib if justin submits him.

how is conor perfext for justin or do you mean perfect as justin will put conor on his back and well have tap machine 2,0 again

He wrestled at a community college, not an NCAA wrestler let alone an All American...

Not sure who started that, but it's baseless and wronf

I was actually going to put the "fuck your thread gif" ... But I think you may be right. I have more faith in gaethje than you but I would be so pissed off if gaethje loses and we lose that fight. I really wanna see khabib's reaction when an opponents brtualises his legs, lays some real hands on him and thwarts his wrestling for at least two rounds... (gaethje has shit cardio)
<{1-14}>Go Gaethje!

Ali has said many times that he wants Gaethje and Khabib to fight (even before Ferguson vs Khabib was announced)

Conor vs Gaethje is their (Justin & Ali)'s second preference. They pull this argument only when Conor expects an immediate TS
what up man, are you a muslim apologist?? you only talk for muslims and team ali. Or are you ali the rat? last time i saw call a card "stacked" because it had so myn muslims on it and you even counted those names.

They're are a lot more annoying things in the UFC, MMA, Life, than Conor vs Gaethje proposed fight. In fact that's welcome news if true getting to see the rare moment Conor fight at his actual weight class where he was so called champ. Khabib busy preparing for Tony, Conor preparing for another coke, whisky, & women party. Any talk of him fighting at lw should be welcomed news.

Your missing the point, Justin poses a stylistic threat to Khabib that few in the division do, he has all the accolades to stop the TD's and keep the fight standing where you should have the advantage.

While, stylistically speaking, Justin is an easy fight for Conor, and would just be watching Conor vs Eddie 2, leading to another Khabib bout where he easily out wrestles another striker. As if we haven't seen that enough already.

Styles make fights, and for some reason we just can't get one when it comes to Khabib

<{1-14}>Go Gaethje!
Not sure if you're trolling, with that emoji and all, but right on. I totally want him to win. I actually want him to reach the top. He's more exciting than Conor and he poses threats to both potential winners at 249 and I want some fresh blood up in that mix.

Your missing the point, Justin poses a stylistic threat to Khabib that few in the division do, he has all the accolades to stop the TD's and keep the fight standing where you should have the advantage.

While, stylistically speaking, Justin is an easy fight for Conor, and would just be watching Conor vs Eddie 2, leading to another Khabib bout where he easily out wrestles another striker. As if we haven't seen that enough already.

Styles make fights, and for some reason we just can't get one when it comes to Khabib
So Justin's wrestling is good enough to pose a threat to khabib, but not good enough to out wrestle Conor to victory like Eddie tried?

Islam isn’t high profile enough to make sense. Your thought process is exactly why some people were hoping for the usman, Colby or even something like Kevin lee matchups.

Here’s my take: Conor has shown he can beat guys who can wrestle. I mean heck, he did beat Chad freaking Mendes after all. That being said, there’s the “short notice” argument for that fight, and he otherwise has never really faced guys who are top wrestlers.

Watching the conor fight back after all the hype died down and looking at it strictly from a non-bid perspective, Conor did a good job in the khabib fight. He took some shots and he survived relatively well at times on the ground, but he didn’t have the skills to win. That being said, it’s KHABIB. No one has. And if khabib makes tony look like Any other guy he’s fought, the argument that khabib is on another level grows exponentially.

At that point you have to take a step back and figure out who gave khabib his best challenge. IF CONORS PERFORMANCE WAS BETTER THEN TONYS, (big if) and Conor put away someone like a poirer, the fights on. You can just see the pre fight video now “Khabib fought Poirer and in a grueling (bullshit) 3 round fight khabib was really tested, Conor returns to the sport and knocks him out in 2 minutes”. Boom there’s your marketing campaign. DONE. so it certainly could happen, but all these things considered, if tony over performs and makes this the fight we all want it to be, everyone on the planet earth will want a rematch. and if anything khabib and his camp are saying about his world-wide reach is true they could very well stick with it, and continue to push Conor in WW for something like a masvidal fight.

Sorry this is so long

My other point I wanted to make is that mendes was off the couch at 145. There’s a big difference between that, and a full camp, 170 usman or Covington. If you struggled with khabib at 155, the only way you win those fights is if your power is actually THAT crazy, and the Cerrone fight was totally legit, and he can recreate that kind of insane aggression against guys like usman and Colby. But I don’t see it happening

I agree, but my point was more about getting to see Khabib tested against a high caliber wrestler with good striking.

I don't really care about Conor vs Justin, if it didn't deprive us from seeing Khabib tested against a guy who stylistically can cause him fits.

It's not like LW is stacked with high caliber wrestlers.

Not sure if you're trolling, with that emoji and all, but right on. I totally want him to win. I actually want him to reach the top. He's more exciting than Conor and he poses threats to both potential winners at 249 and I want some fresh blood up in that mix.
Emoji mystery,,, didn't count on that!<Oku02>

So Justin's wrestling is good enough to pose a threat to khabib, but not good enough to out wrestle Conor to victory like Eddie tried?

Justin doesn't use his wrestling offensively in the octagon, and the wrestling threat I'm speaking about is nullifying Khabib's, not out wrestling him.

I don't think at this late in his career, will we see Justin all of sudden start utilizing his wrestling offensively and abandon everything he's accomplished skill wise.

Right now he has the perfect style to best the champ.

Come on man. It's widely believed thag gaethje's defensive wrestling is better than his offensive wrestling therefore he poses a greater threat to khabib than he does to conor with it. The threat he poses to conor lies entirely in his striking and his mentality.

Back