Anyone else annoyed of Conor vs Gaethje?

JoshR86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I for one would like to see Khabib face at least 1 high level wrestler in his career, Justin poses threats to Khabib that hasn't had to deal with yet, which is crazy.

Stylistically Justin matches up well with Khabib, where as stylistically Conor matches up very well against Justin.

I get Ali wanting to get a huge pay day in Conor vs Justin, and protecting his golden eagle, and I get Justin being to dumb to see it. But come on, Justin is tailor-made for Conor, it'll be Conor vs Eddie 2, and all it does is knock off a good stylistic threat to Khabib.

I for one would like to see Khabib face at least 1 high level wrestler in his career, Justin poses threats to Khabib that hasn't had to deal with yet, which is crazy.

Stylistically Justin matches up well with Khabib, where as stylistically Conor matches up very well against Justin.

I get Ali wanting to get a huge pay day in Conor vs Justin, and protecting his golden eagle, and I get Justin being to dumb to see it. But come on, Justin is tailor-made for Conor, it'll be Conor vs Eddie 2, and all it does is knock off a good stylistic threat to Khabib.

Ali has said many times that he wants Gaethje and Khabib to fight (even before Ferguson vs Khabib was announced)

Conor vs Gaethje is their (Justin & Ali)'s second preference. They pull this argument only when Conor expects an immediate TS

Nothing signed yet.

When it’s a conor fight we all know 90% of what is released to us is negotiation tactics from either side. Until it’s inked there’s not much validity. They very well could be targeting someone like Dustin Poirer, and just be throwing out Justin’s name to negotiate the terms with Dustin

When it’s a conor fight we all know 90% of what is released to us is negotiation tactics from either side. Until it’s inked there’s not much validity. They very well could be targeting someone like Dustin Poirer, and just be throwing out Justin’s name to negotiate the terms with Dustin

Again, another useless fight, id like to see Conor face a wrestle heavy opponent to justify the rematch, beating strikers builds 0 interest ina rematch. I want to see if he can stop a double, I want to see good scrambles, and so on.

Give him Islam and FKL, that way I could actually get hyped for a rematch.

Why would you be annoyed? both doesn't deserve a fight with Khabib right now. It would be annoying if Conor gets the next title without fighting someone else first.

the only people annoyed by that would be conrat fans who would rather have him get a rematch with khabib while ducking top contenders
Don't worry, gaethje will win and face khabib next

Justin isn't good enough.

We need Colby to slim down and go for the LW title. Usman vs Khabib would also work but I can't see Usman losing all that weight. Colby on the other hand looks like he could slim down.

Just imagine that shit, just imagine the trash talk. Colby would go full on suicidal in the interviews :D

No, because Khabib vs Tony are fighting and I don't want Gaethje just sitting around without fighting,.. plus IF Khabib wins he won't be fighting again until late in the year as he will do ramadan, so Gaethje will be on the shelf for a year at that point.

Also Conor/Gathje is only a rumor, it might not be real.

my guess is Conor waits to see if Tony beats Khabib and he gets a title shot without having to fight

Long build-up for a 1-round fight.

Conor vs Gaethje, IMO is the fight to make. Winner faces Khabib/Tony winner

Did I miss something?? Who says Conor is fighting Gaethje next? I would LOVE to see that fight, and it may be my number one fight to make in the whole UFC. I would also like to see McGregor-Masvidal, more than a rematch with Khabib. Conor is most exciting when he doesn't have to worry about takedowns, and he seems safe against both these guys. Book either of these fights and I will be watching with a big grin on my face!:D

Justin isn't good enough.

We need Colby to slim down and go for the LW title. Usman vs Khabib would also work but I can't see Usman losing all that weight. Colby on the other hand looks like he could slim down.

Just imagine that shit, just imagine the trash talk. Colby would go full on suicidal in the interviews :D
Many on this site knock Jon Jones for not moving up to fight HW. Some say he can't be considered GOAT without doing that. How come very few say Khabib needs to move to WW to be GOAT? Why do Usman or Covington need to drop down to fight him. Why can't Khabib move up? To soon in his career maybe? :confused:

I'd rather see the best fights possible asap. And Gaethje for sure deserves the Conor fight.
Dunno what is there to complain about. Conor won't need to fight wrestlers as there currently isn't one who deserves a fight against him.

I was actually going to put the "fuck your thread gif" ... But I think you may be right. I have more faith in gaethje than you but I would be so pissed off if gaethje loses and we lose that fight. I really wanna see khabib's reaction when an opponents brtualises his legs, lays some real hands on him and thwarts his wrestling for at least two rounds... (gaethje has shit cardio)

I really wanna see khabib's reaction when an opponents brtualises his legs, lays some real hands on him
I was gonna say the same thing for Conor. Justin would pose that same threat to him.

Again, another useless fight, id like to see Conor face a wrestle heavy opponent to justify the rematch, beating strikers builds 0 interest ina rematch. I want to see if he can stop a double, I want to see good scrambles, and so on.

Give him Islam and FKL, that way I could actually get hyped for a rematch.
Islam isn’t high profile enough to make sense. Your thought process is exactly why some people were hoping for the usman, Colby or even something like Kevin lee matchups.

Here’s my take: Conor has shown he can beat guys who can wrestle. I mean heck, he did beat Chad freaking Mendes after all. That being said, there’s the “short notice” argument for that fight, and he otherwise has never really faced guys who are top wrestlers.

Watching the conor fight back after all the hype died down and looking at it strictly from a non-bid perspective, Conor did a good job in the khabib fight. He took some shots and he survived relatively well at times on the ground, but he didn’t have the skills to win. That being said, it’s KHABIB. No one has. And if khabib makes tony look like Any other guy he’s fought, the argument that khabib is on another level grows exponentially.

At that point you have to take a step back and figure out who gave khabib his best challenge. IF CONORS PERFORMANCE WAS BETTER THEN TONYS, (big if) and Conor put away someone like a poirer, the fights on. You can just see the pre fight video now “Khabib fought Poirer and in a grueling (bullshit) 3 round fight khabib was really tested, Conor returns to the sport and knocks him out in 2 minutes”. Boom there’s your marketing campaign. DONE. so it certainly could happen, but all these things considered, if tony over performs and makes this the fight we all want it to be, everyone on the planet earth will want a rematch. and if anything khabib and his camp are saying about his world-wide reach is true they could very well stick with it, and continue to push Conor in WW for something like a masvidal fight.

Sorry this is so long

My other point I wanted to make is that mendes was off the couch at 145. There’s a big difference between that, and a full camp, 170 usman or Covington. If you struggled with khabib at 155, the only way you win those fights is if your power is actually THAT crazy, and the Cerrone fight was totally legit, and he can recreate that kind of insane aggression against guys like usman and Colby. But I don’t see it happening

Back