Anyone else annoyed at Ronda for not switching coaches?

Yes, shit's beyond retarded.

Edmond is what got her to where she is so far, if you do or don't agree with that statement, would she have found success w/o him? is it just her one-trick pony judo, and a few years of hitting mitts that got her there? or is there more? Is Ronda so parasitically co-dependent on Edmond that she wouldn't be able to function w/o her?

Her "man" stayed w/ Edmond and using Jon Jones playbook, he won, is that still Edmond?

I am by far not defending the guy, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a shitty trainer...

But who knows, he might be some sort of horse whisperer, we don't know about.

Shocked. Even if she feels that she just 'got caught' in that first exchange, why she wouldn't be working with a camp that can teach her to shoot for takedowns below the danger zone where Holly punches is beyond me. Coming in high is going to leave her open to taking another big shot in the rematch, and she should realize that and do something about it.

I don't know why she even needs the rematch...according to her she's still undefeated.

Not shocked. Once Ever Humans don't change what they do since they do everything right.

I would like to see her move, but she's too loyal.

As soon as a fighter loses everyone blames the coaches

If you lost as badly as she lost and looked completely outclassed at every level how can you not question "What happened in your fight camp"..?

Yes,but i was sure she wasnt going to leave anyway.

Nobody was calling for Ronda to switch coaches when she was beating the Cat Zinganos of the world.

If you lost as badly as she lost and looked completely outclassed at every level how can you not question "What happened in your fight camp"..?
Yea but she fought the way she always has.
The vast majority of people thought she would walk through Holm (let me guess, you were one who didn't think that).
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if she fights exactly the same way in the rematch we can all judge, until then, just wait.

Hmmm..it is diappointing. Keeping Edmond as her coach means she will train the same and possibly come in with a similar game plan vs. Holm in the rematch. Rousey really needs to switch up her training and strategy if she wants to win the rematch.

Jarl

Yea but she fought the way she always has.
The vast majority of people thought she would walk through Holm (let me guess, you were one who didn't think that).
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if she fights exactly the same way in the rematch we can all judge, until then, just wait.

Me being one of them hoping somehow Holly could pull off a miracle, seems she had good coaching, good fight planning, and mad boxing skillz so miracles were not needed. Ronda's only evolution in mma since her rocket start is getting some power punching her fight camp depends on her just doing her Ronda thing get in/out if all else fails "ARMBAR"..!

Edmond is obviously not the best mma coach. If she really wants to get that title back you'd think she'd go to an actual, decent mma trainer like matt hume for example. She stubborn asphuck. If she wants to put her life back together that's the first thing she should be thinking on changing. Im not much of a ronda fan, but i am a common sense fan
Tbh I don't get mad at people for the career decisions they make. If she hires me to consult for her, I would probably tell her to switch coaches up. But as it stands it's really none of my, or your, business.

I remember Edmond acting like he wanted to fight Dennis Hallman on TUF then punked out as Ronda got in his face LOL..

No, I'm annoyed by another Ronda thread

If I was a Ronda fan, sure, but Im not so i dont care, if she wants to learn flashy mitt work that doesnt work at all in a fight, then thats on her.

Edmonds clearly stunting Rondas growth as a fighter as a fighter at this point. He may have gotten her to 12 - 0, but that's from simply implementing a striking game to go with her judo. She needs someone that can get her to make proper adjustments.

I think Matt Hume would be a great fit.

Tri-star could work too.

Einstein.jpg

Back