Anyone doubt that Jones will move to HW?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mma midwest fan, Oct 20, 2013.

1. mma midwest fan

mma midwest fan Purple Belt

It's been talked about, but I'm starting to think that Jon Jones will not make the move to HW. If I were his manager, I certainly advise against it. While Jones has been nothing short of amazing thus far, he has shown some vulnerabilities in his last few fights. He will not be ragdolling any of the heavies in my opinion

His risk of losing is much higher at HW, and with the amount of sponsors and marketing behind him, the last thing they want is a loss. I predict a GSP type of career path - an extremely dominant champion who keeps knocking down challengers. There will always be some fighter with enough of a win streak to move up to a title shot. After a certain point, it doesn't matter who he is fighting. Did anyone really care who Tyson fought? No, you watched it anyway.

I look at the Top 10 HW, and I can't think of anyone on there who I am certain that Jones would defeat. And can anyone seriously see him beating Cain or JDS?

2. Rhamnetin

Rhamnetin Purple Belt

I don't expect Jones to move to heavyweight.

3. Quantum Leap

Quantum Leap Brown Belt

I think Jones will more likely experiment with fighting at HW like Anderson does at LHW once he cleans out the division but not move up permanently.

4. Cygnus-X

Cygnus-X Red Belt

I think he might do it when he's 30-33.

I look at the top 10 at HW and I see Jones being able to beat all of them. I would personally however not currently favor him against Cain and a few others. He could also definitely ragdoll some HW's, very few in the HW division has wrestling in his class.

5. UL

UL no more yellows Double Yellow Card

Never expected Jones to go to HW, his talk about moving up and the end of the year a year ago or something was all just BS to me.

6. Contraction**

Contraction** Banned Banned

Once Cormier touches him, he will be happy he's not at a 20-40lb weight disadvantage

7. Iplaytolose

Iplaytolose Green Belt

...If that ever happens.

8. Jonny Bones

Jonny Bones Purple Belt

I don't think it'll happen as soon as he's been saying for the last year or two, but I expect it to happen eventually.

9. Omni**

Omni** Brown Belt

after gus, he probably wants to move down to keep his size advantages

10. Maximum007

Maximum007 1000 Pound Belt

Gus threw a monkey wrench in his plans.

11. skysolo

skysolo Silver Belt

He will do whatever he thinks is best for him.

12. The Mookster

The Mookster Green Belt

JJ is the goat LHW, that being said, he in no way has the cardio to keep up with Cain, nor the power to put anybody away.

13. Jocke

Jocke Black Belt

Why would he? He hasn't even solidified himself at LHW, atleast not after the Gustafsson fight.

I feel like champions need to truly clean the division completely before the make moves. I realize sometimes the divisions keep stacking on but then why not just stick around in that division.

I feel like moving up and or down is better left off for people who cant make it in one division and wants to test the waters elsewhere.

14. DaGenius

DaGenius Silver Belt

I like jones chances at hw assuming he makes the move full time. He's gonna have to get as heavy as he can with still good athleticism. Maybe 235ish he can do.

I'm not saying that he will dominate hw as he currently stands but he has a chance against any of the top 5