Anyone dissapointed we didn't see Conor's cardio, heart, wrestling and groundgame tested?

Remember when Urijah Faber came back from retirement and finished some guy in 46s and everyone saying HE'S BACK? Then he lost.

Remember when Ben Askren came back from retirement and finished Lawler in 3mins, while controversial, everyone say finally he is in UFC to beat everyone? Then he lost.

I'm sure there are more examples. I'm never impressed with fighters that come back from long break/retirement and win within a round. I like to wait til they have their 2nd or 3rd fight before believing they are "BACK".
<PlusJuan>
Yessum

I'm not dissapointed we didnt see those things...

I'm dissapointed in Cowboy...
1 kick, he landed...
1 fucking kick to the arm....

At the end of the day these breakdowns are pretty pointless because Conor won like all MMA fans wanted

or when Cruz came back, finished Mitzugaki in one round and went on to become champ.
Oh wait.

I didn't say fighters that comes back from retirement/injury sucks forever. I said

I like to wait til they have their 2nd or 3rd fight before believing they are "BACK".

EDIT:
And since you brought up Cruz. I was meh~ when he won Mitzugaki. I was super impressed with the win against Dillashaw because TJ seems like the younger/faster/healthier version of Cruz. The fight with Faber was meh~.

I was so sure he would outclass Garbrandt. Was mildly triggered by how much Garbrandt showboated during the fight itself but have to give him his due. He was winning the fight, as far as I remember, very convincingly. Made Cruz missed alot, seems faster and landed way harder shots. I gained alot of respect for both fighters that night.

Last edited:
Back