Anyone dissapointed we didn't see Conor's cardio, heart, wrestling and groundgame tested?

lizardpeople

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Props to him for giving a vintage Conor performance and quick stoppage even if it was against a fighter that is completely done, but that was the problem.

I really wanted to see if he could stop someone past the second round which he has never done.

I wanted to see if his cardio improved, how his heart handled adversity, and how his groundgame and wrestling fared with Cowboy.

The fight really tells us nothing other than that Conor can still blowout relatively overmatched opponents quickly.

I’m a way, yes.

On the other hand, that was one of the most efficient beatings I’ve ever seen. He did serious damage with nearly every move in that fight.

Ya, i was hoping to see what drug free Conor had to show tbh lol

we already saw all of that tested against Khabib

that's not connor's fault. it was cowboy who caused it with a very bad game plan. if anything im very dissapointed in cowboy's performance.

Unless you're a shameless nut hugger quick fights like that are always a disappointment

It wasn't even a fight, lets be honest. Unconscious Aldo even got a punch off!

Betting on Conor for his next fight would not be a good idea imo, maybe unless he gets the Gaethje fight. Conor is only back in a promotional sense, the only thing we learned is that Cowboy is done.

I watched the whole card expecting Cowboy to atleast survive 60 seconds, or at the very least throw 2 damn strikes.

Remember when Urijah Faber came back from retirement and finished some guy in 46s and everyone saying HE'S BACK? Then he lost.

Remember when Ben Askren came back from retirement and finished Lawler in 3mins, while controversial, everyone say finally he is in UFC to beat everyone? Then he lost.

I'm sure there are more examples. I'm never impressed with fighters that come back from long break/retirement and win within a round. I like to wait til they have their 2nd or 3rd fight before believing they are "BACK".

I think that's the whole point of picking Cowboy in the first place not to get tested on the ground. As long a Conor is not dumb enough to take Cowboy down like Mike Perry (sometimes i think 2% is his IQ score). Cowboy's path to victory is all based on weather if he makes it out of the first round or not.

Yeah. Stopping Cowboy early was expected and not a groundbreaking feat (especially since he was only a few months away from Gaethje doing the same thing). If he would've shown any improvement in his weak areas that would've been exiting and warrant a Khabib fight.

But normal Conor showing is just like...ok cool I guess.

We seen it tested against Diaz and Khabib.

Im very dissapointed with Cowboy, he didn't even threw a single strike... he walked in to lose, tha was.
A fokking awful performance, however it was nice to see Conny throw that shoulder strike.

Would bet against him on his next fight.

Yeah I wanted to see more of a fight. Hell, I wanted to see Cowboy win, but can't blame Conor for handling his business quickly if he's able to do so.

The UFC isn't disappointed by that.

It was designed to give conor his mojo back. Everyone knew when this match up was announced that it was stylistically a friendly tune up fight meant to make Conor shine.

Cowboy was never the one to do that, I was only upset of the announcement that Cowboy was his next opponent. Knew McGregor had the W in the bag, anyone that's seen Cowboy since the WEC days and UFC knew this would be the outcome.

Remember when Urijah Faber came back from retirement and finished some guy in 46s and everyone saying HE'S BACK? Then he lost.
Remember when Ben Askren came back from retirement and finished Lawler in 3mins, while controversial, everyone say finally he is in UFC to beat everyone? Then he lost.

I'm sure there are more examples. I'm never impressed with fighters that come back from long break/retirement and win within a round. I like to wait til they have their 2nd or 3rd fight before believing they are "BACK".

or when Cruz came back, finished Mitzugaki in one round and went on to become champ.
Oh wait.

Yeah, I was thinking about BJ Penn win vs Matt Hughes (the last one). Didn't end well for him after that.

Back