Anyone dislike where MMA has been heading?

applesbananas

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not to be a douchebag hipster or anything, but it seems like the MMA community and Sherdog has changed so much for the worst since I first started coming here. I remember the days when a decent amount of people that posted here actually knew about the sport and didn't just start watching it when Conor McGregor got popular. Nowadays its as if 1/4th of the posts here are people cackling on Conor's scrotum. Sure there were TUF1 noobs and UFC 100 noobs and Brock Lesnar noobs but the McGregor ones are just awful.

blame conor fans and (previous)Ronda fans.

the ronda shills are gone now we just need a devastating KO to stfu the conor fans

I've been lurking on sherdog for years but only made an account when Conor fans started to piss me off. It's been nice, I can't say I don't like it here :)

no, but i'm done with Sherdog for the day after hearing the news. the asinine posts & threads that are to come will be too much for me to handle...

The quality of threads and posts have gone down so much. Conor and Ronda (mostly Conor) definitely brought in a ton of casuals. But the shoops are still as good as ever. Grateful for the shoop gawds on here

This happens all the time, it's the circle of Sherdog.

Fighter becomes popular, forum is flooded with newbs, fighter loses, newbs either leave or make new accounts - repeat.

You don't like where mixed martial arts is going because some other fans russle your jimmies??

For a sport where people beat the ship out of one another in a cage, mma has some of the most prissy little hipster fans in the world.

Yeah, I remember back in 2014 when everything was totally different.

At the end of the day, a fight is a fight. Some are good, and some are bad.

I'll never stop watching MMA because of n00bs, that's for sure.

I started disliking mma once they stopped doing the karate vs judo.... boxing vs savate.... sumo vs electrician type fights.

This is the McGregor show and I love it.

There's the door, TS.

Complains about where MMA is headed...

Really complaining about n00bs and Sherdog....

I dunno.

Fedor knobslobberers are just as bad in my eyes.

Sherdog has always had lots of trolls, morons and generally annoying posters. There have always been threads lamenting the declining standards on this forum. So many specific eras. The TUF n00bs, the Brock era, now Conor & Ronda,...

Personally, I think Sherdog has always been about filtering through a lot of garbage to get to some interesting discussions. I don't expect that to change.

I come to here a lot less then I used to because I find fewer interesting threads. But that tends to be cyclical.

So I guess my message to the TS is that while I think that I understand him complaints, this place has always had lots of flaws and I think it is unlikely to change any time soon.

This place is great now. Nice asses in most avatars, and plenty of trolls and pseudo-intellectuals to go around. It has become so much better since the days of Fedor being #1 p4p. I'll take the Mcgregwhores any day over Fedor and Pride zealots.

I don't care too much about the new fans but i care about the unified rules that retard the sport. You watch even pride rules and watch ufc it's like man all these great fighters with a watered down rule set. Bummer.

McGregor skills are worthy of admiration. What he has been doing is incredible. 7-0 in the UFC with 6 KOs and back to back KO wins over Mendes and Aldo in a 13 second one punch KO. KOd Porier in the first round too who went on to win 3 straight fights at a weight class higher.

Conor has been nothing short of spectacular and is also selling fights with his notorious image and charisma.

Definitely one of the GOATS of mixfight.

Nah.
MMA is growing, it will supplant boxing in a few years. It already generates revenue with more consistency. It just needs to abandon it's freak show and pro wrestling roots and for that, the fans need to do it first - eventually that will naturally happen, I believe.

These casual fans that follow the sport because of Conor, Ronda or other stars, what they say shouldn't really bother you, seriously.
Some athletes will have their nuthugging fanbase, that's part of any popular sport.
Kobe Bryant has one like that, LeBron kinda had but then he kinda lost it, Tom Brady has a bit of that. Even Eli Manning has a bit of an irrational nuthugging fanbase that since 2012, has all the reasons to be right forever.

Brock was the first wave of casuals coming in and saying shit that made no sense.
Then it was Ronda - casuals, feminists, and the worst...white knights...

Then comes in Conor.
And you get super casuals, and an extra influx from europe .

But Ronda getting KOd was the sherdog unifying day, and that was priceless. The shoops were awesome, the comments were entertaining.
Conor destroying his opponents and seeing his fanboys slurp semen is also priceless too.

This place is getting more entertaining. I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back