anyone competing in NAGA on Oct 23rd in Hoboken

FStep

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
if you're competing are you doing gi or no gi, what weight class, what experience level ... if you competed here before talk about your experience, etc

its two days after my 21st bday, so i might be recovering a little bit but im going. im not sure if im doing gi or no gi yet...ive never done a naga event so i dont know how the divisions go.

edit: blue or intermediate @ 170 or 160 probably

I'll either have my 3rd stripe and be working towards my 4th or still working towards my 3rd still, but I'll be there...I live in hoboken... heaviest divison prob just gi

About how long of training before you guys competed in a tournament? I've been training BJJ for about 3 months now and am thinking about joining a tournament in a month or two just to see how it is.

LCDforMe said:
About how long of training before you guys competed in a tournament? I've been training BJJ for about 3 months now and am thinking about joining a tournament in a month or two just to see how it is.
people compete after 2-3 months of training all the time ... novice division is under 6 months with no wrestlers

Im doing both gi and no gi. In no gi Im doing teens lightweight (150-159) intermediate. In gi Im doing teens lightweight blue belt. This'll be my third NAGA, first at intermediate tho, and first time competing in gi. Its alot of fun, I recommend it to anyone even remotely thinking about it.

I'll be there
It'll be my first tourmey
I will definately do no Gi at 180/190 novice
and maybe probably Gi Whitebelt

I will have been training for 7 months come NAGA time and it is my *first tourney* so I will be competing Novice.....it says 6 months but I'm sure there's plenty of liars out there with tons more exp competing there+ all the roid freaks you don't know are truly on something but you suspect.....anyways: Grappler's Quest changed their No-Gi Novice from to 9 months which is a bit more open

^^^compete up buddy. when i had been training 8 months i did GQ at beginner, which is 9-18 months and came in second. imo, its better to challenge yourself. im doing intermediate also despite the fact that ive been training for about 15 months now, and will be right on the border again. be the anti-sandbagger.

colinm said:
^^^compete up buddy. when i had been training 8 months i did GQ at beginner, which is 9-18 months and came in second. imo, its better to challenge yourself. im doing intermediate also despite the fact that ive been training for about 15 months now, and will be right on the border again. be the anti-sandbagger.
colin, you bastard, I think you have inspired me. Here is the problem...I hahve been training since feb, but never no gi and I am doing it just for shits and giggles. Should I compete in the # of months I actually trained, or just the beginer since I never do no gi?

i dunno, are you doing gi? imo you should do gi if thats what you've been training. but anyway, yeah dude go up in divisions. you're not competing to steamroll everyone. challenge yourself and fight hard against guys who may be better than you, but dont give them any respect and try to beat the hell out of them.

for me personally, i just dont want to compete in a division i almost won 7 months ago.

I am going to be doing gi, and no gi is basically an afterthought...just for fun

I'll be doing Heavyweight Intermediate . I would like to drop just under 200lbs and be at the top of the weight class.The last Naga I competed in, the heavyweights were much stronger than me, but I still placed 3rd. I'll either hit the weights hard and roll with 230 pounders or cut down some weight.

ShadowNINku said:
I will have been training for 7 months come NAGA time and it is my *first tourney* so I will be competing Novice.....it says 6 months but I'm sure there's plenty of liars out there with tons more exp competing there+ all the roid freaks you don't know are truly on something but you suspect.....anyways: Grappler's Quest changed their No-Gi Novice from to 9 months which is a bit more open

SANDBAGGER! :icon_evil

Back