Anyone come face to face with a black bear?

Yea, that's why I don't go camping or go anyplace that has animals like that. I'd rather spend my vacation in a nice and safe place like a club in Vegas or Miami.

I hear there are plenty of bears in both of those places.
43667565.jpg

surprisingly no. I rarely run into wildlife in the woods, but I generally ensure I'm making lots of noise.

Being the king of the bears, black bears tend to leave me the fuck alone.

I did once in Kansas. I was walking in the woods and came across one unexpectedly. He looked like he was poking around a bush, and just looked at me uninterested and made a small growl. I ran away and nothing else happened and it didn't follow me.

Quite a few times.

Around 6-8 years ago they were taking all the trouble bears from the national parks/touristy areas in the mountains and relocating them to an area where I hunt/camp and stuff. Went out with my grandpa just driving around farmer's fields and shit, counted at least 30 different bears within a pretty small area size. We stopped in this one field where bears had eaten quite a bit of this farmer's crop and got out of the truck to walk around and check it out, we get about a good 10-20 feet from the vehicle and a bear that was eating which we didn't know was there stood up right in front of us like a couple feet away and just stared at us while it was munching away. We almost turned and ran away out of instinct but did the right thing and slowly backed away. I wasn't really worried that time because it was a black bear and it was more worried about eating than us.

Last time like 2-3 years ago we were taking a trail next to a farmers field that goes to a power line on crown land where you can hunt and it's a tight/narrow trail where you can't just turn around and about mid way into the trail we run into a big brown bear that wasn't moving out of the way. Bastard wasn't scared at all and just started slowly walking towards us and we're in a side by side without any windows or doors protecting us. Had to throw it in reverse and back out of there while this big ass bear's walking towards us and the side by side almost got stuck in the mud. I just kept my gun trained on it the whole time in case it got too close or started to run/sprint towards us or something.

Good way to get your heart going, that's for sure. Don't fuck around with brown bears though, they're way bigger than black bears and they're not easy to scare away. Black bears are real pussies compared to them.

Last edited:
Not all of us live in the mountains

then why post?

anyway....

Bears wander into my town every once and a while.

I was driving and I had to pull off to the side to make a uwie and I saw one jump into the bush and stare at me. looked either old or very emaciated. I saw another one driving a few months later but only its behind. When I was hiking earlier this year I ran into one that was probably an adolescent. I freaked out and turned around and walked away as fast but as slowly as I could. I didn't stay to see if it was actually a male or perhaps was a mother with cubs.

i also knew a guy who owned a bear as a pet and kept it in a cage. he was forced to release it into the wild however

I have a very high phobia of bears

Once, while fishing in Michigan. I was on the river bank and was absorbed in what I was doing, looked to my right and a bear walked out from the trees just a few feet from me. It looked at me, made some bear noises, and walked away up the bank and then crossed the river a little further downstream.

Yea, I run into them from time to time. Had a young one coming around this summer, looked to be first year on its own. I've been pretty close to them on more than one occasion. Always cool to see them.

Here's a shitty picture of one I saw a couple summers ago. It was taken with a smart phone but you can only make out its outline. I could see the different colored muzzle and its eyes clearly with the naked eye.

rzcBKLd.jpg

But the coolest thing I've stumbled upon out in the forest lately (two days ago), was this deer that had been killed by coyotes.

s4YNjon.jpg

EWBhX98.jpg

spoiler]

Last edited:
Back