Anyone come face to face with a black bear?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have like 8 times. 8 times where I was less than 5 ft from one. Only once I felt it was dangerous though. I was in the deep woods on a lake, and was frying up fish for breakfast. Pickerel. Anyhow, a 500 lb'er came waltzing into my camp area looking for food. I scared it off, but got the fuck out of dodge 5 mins later.

Every morning when I piss off my wife.

I'm no groundhog expert, but I think it's the brown bears that are supposed to be really scary, not so much the black ones

Yeah, on a paid guided bowhunt. We all had only longbows - I had one specially made to Saxton Pope's specs because that was the whole reason I was on that stalk. Our guide had a Howard Hill style flatbow.

Where I grew up bowhunting was illegal, but when I travelled I found plenty of places where we could. A lot of people just do it from blinds and stands but I have always loved the stalk. Cool thing about bears is you want to stalk them, because when you land a few arrows in them they will tree up and you do not want to be up there when they do.

I think a lot of people run dogs too when they hunt them, but we didn't. Just us and the bears. And, ya know, everything else in the woods lol.

Still have that coat too. I don't wear it much.

Dozens of times. Used to drive a tour bus in western Canada. I'm probably way less scared of them than I should be.

I used to stay at this chalet in Whistler in the summer. They always left the front door open. They knew there were bears in the area. So one day the manager of the place walk into the living room and there was the bear he had seen many times from the back patio. So he backs away until out of sight then runs. When he comes back the bear is gone, but he left a giant pile of shit on the white carpet.

Why not just say bears no need to bring race into it.

I'm no groundhog expert, but I think it's the brown bears that are supposed to be really scary, not so much the black ones
Petey, the brown bears are much bigger, but the black bears do the more killing.

Yea, that's why I don't go camping or go anyplace that has animals like that. I'd rather spend my vacation in a nice and safe place like a club in Vegas or Miami.

Why not just say bears no need to bring race into it.

Good point. TS is probably not scared at all when a privileged polar bear walks up to him. Makes me sick really.

Hell naw, cause I aint wit that gay shit. Go back to postin about Conner or whatever.

Fuck a bear. Passable trannies ftw.

I’ve been watching Steve Rinella’syoutube videos all the time after hearing him on the Rogan podcast. Dude hunts bear and eats them. I really want to try blueberry bear after watching one of his videos (black bears with a diet based around blueberries). He has one video where a grizzly with two cubs mock charges him and his buddy. The other guy was shooting in front of the bear to scare it off but the bear didn’t give a shit. Crazy shit. He also has another video where a moose charges him and knocks him down.

Yea, that's why I don't go camping or go anyplace that has animals like that. I'd rather spend my vacation in a nice and safe place like a club in Vegas or Miami.
No Ipads in your future. Wouldn't count out walking in to an empty home and Survivalist Manual though.

The closest I came was like maybe 30 to 40 feet as I was driving to Haute Gorges in Quebec. A black bear just suddenly appeared right in front of me trying to cross road.

And then the various zoos I have been to.

I've stumbled across black bears twice while walking/hiking. Both times the bear didn't notice or care about me whatsoever.

That's not to say I wasn't a little concerned though. Being within arms reach of a wild animal that could kill you within seconds is kind of unnerving.

Back