Anyone caring a whole lot less since the ESPN movement?

Maybe I'm in the minority, maybe I'm not, ever since the UFC has gone digital with ESPN+, I've almost checked out. The fact that I have to buy the privilege to buy a PPV is absolutely absurd.
It's not the money that's the big issue, it's the fact that I have to pay for ANOTHER dumb app just so I can buy a ppv, I'm sorry but just NOT doing it.
From now on I WILL be illegally streaming, and dont hand me the "supporting the fighters" card bullshit, they are getting paid the same money regardless. Plus I've supported them financially way more than they've supported me financially + entertainment.
This has nothing to do with ANY of the fighters or fights, Ive enjoyed WMMA, so dont think they have anything to do with this, but to me the ESPN deal has taken MMA back a few steps towards the underground stages catered to the loyalists than any step foward.
I have been around since UFC 1 following and have direct TV and can not order PPV fights with the new ESPN+ deal. I do not stream and I guess part of the old school generation at the age of 44. They have faded me out of the market as I will watch at someone's house or the bar. They definitely will lose 8 or 9 PPV's a year from me when I used to just order at home. It's sad really and I think they should be able to cater to both markets but looks like the are only looking one direction

Last edited:
Look - when they fucked around w/ coke and made new coke, backlash a decade before common browsers and almost 20 years before most of teh hoi polloi wuz computin'.

Make noise - get results. Tell them to fuck off and they will. Watch anyways and well, they've got you by the balls anyways, so fuck you.

But not you you, because like you said before, you like gushers, sorry, I meant you like streams, ya, streams, thats it. I'm so clumsy sometimes.
Do you even English bro?

water-gif.gif
Nothing like watching the UFC on the good ole fashioned running water, if ya know what I mean ;)

I won’t give ESPN anything extra than what they get from being bundled in my cable service. I stream everything unless it is in Florida then I’ll go to the event.

Bummer. You've missed some pretty good fights, TS.

I don't have cable, and ESPN & ESPN+ has made watching non-PPV MMA easier for me. Easier than Fox, FS1, FS2, and I think there was one other channel.

I watched about 1/4 of the PPV's then and now.

Well worth the $5/mo for me.

I suppose if I'd had all the Fox channels on my $120 monthly cable bill, I would be annoyed at the change. But I didn't. So I'm up, you're down.

Sure the cards are getting watered down, but they're on regularly, are in essence free and still put on some good marquee main events. Not sure what you can whine about if you call yourself a fight fan.

Once or twice a year you'll see a stacked card like 239, which makes them even more special.

Wow. I guess I'm definitely in the minority here because I love ESPN + & the ESPN era.
I love having UFC events on 3 - 4 Saturday nights per month. Sure, some of them can be a bit watered down but I enjoy seeing all the new talent. Today's prelim fighters are tomorrow's champions after all.

Maybe I'm in the minority, maybe I'm not, ever since the UFC has gone digital with ESPN+, I've almost checked out. The fact that I have to buy the privilege to buy a PPV is absolutely absurd.
It's not the money that's the big issue, it's the fact that I have to pay for ANOTHER dumb app just so I can buy a ppv, I'm sorry but just NOT doing it.
From now on I WILL be illegally streaming, and dont hand me the "supporting the fighters" card bullshit, they are getting paid the same money regardless. Plus I've supported them financially way more than they've supported me financially + entertainment.
This has nothing to do with ANY of the fighters or fights, Ive enjoyed WMMA, so dont think they have anything to do with this, but to me the ESPN deal has taken MMA back a few steps towards the underground stages catered to the loyalists than any step foward.

Before I seen this I was thinking to myself there should be a sticky thread for people who are against the ESPN + deal.

I literally bought 98% of the ppvs watched all the fight nights and prelims but now I've watched only the 2-3 events on ESPN and ESPN2 and tbh it doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would.

The UFC had been watering down the ppv product for years leading into this and then they decide to add a paywall to a paywall???

The casual fans are being shit on and frankly the Hardcores are being nickel and dimed for a increasingly watered down product.

Bars around me stopped showing the fights and so did buffalo wild wings and no one o know has gotten ESPN +.

I really think this deal is shit in the long run and will kill interest in our sport.It helps UFCs bottom dollar but its alienating some of its fan base.

Its apparent in the falling TV numbers and the sub 100k Ppv buy total. Let's see what rose vs Andrade did ppv buy wise.

You are not in the minority, ESPN seems to be really struggling on properly promoting the events on their own damn networks.

I hate ESPN.
I have definitely slowed down watching MMA. well, UFC anyway.

I prefer it but i am not American you guys really got screwed on that deal....The only thing is they don't seem to show the international cards for some reason here.

I just hate the fact that the days of having people over for big ppvs are over for me. My garage has a huge bar and multiple TVs. My internet connection out there is total shit because it’s detached from my house. Sucks

Read his post dumb arse, it isn't the money but the principle. I agree with him personally.
cable/satellite is a rip off. This is ten times better at $5. Eventually youwill get Hulu and espn + and stop being abitch. Its like you guys think cable is a great deal.

I won’t give ESPN anything extra than what they get from being bundled in my cable service. I stream everything unless it is in Florida then I’ll go to the event.
Exactly, apparently even with espn+ you have to still have a cable provider to watch Fight Night cards.
Not paying $5 a month for what used to come with my cable package just to watch UFC.

I don't own cable subscription so this ESPN move is great.

Lost a ton of interest in buying anything UFC when it came out that they were secretly using fightpass subscribers' PCs to bitmine. I promised myself I would never by another UFC product.
what is bitmine? and could you go on more aboot it?

Back