Anyone caring a whole lot less since the ESPN movement?

SpecialDelivery

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, maybe I'm not, ever since the UFC has gone digital with ESPN+, I've almost checked out. The fact that I have to buy the privilege to buy a PPV is absolutely absurd.
It's not the money that's the big issue, it's the fact that I have to pay for ANOTHER dumb app just so I can buy a ppv, I'm sorry but just NOT doing it.
From now on I WILL be illegally streaming, and dont hand me the "supporting the fighters" card bullshit, they are getting paid the same money regardless. Plus I've supported them financially way more than they've supported me financially + entertainment.
This has nothing to do with ANY of the fighters or fights, Ive enjoyed WMMA, so dont think they have anything to do with this, but to me the ESPN deal has taken MMA back a few steps towards the underground stages catered to the loyalists than any step foward.

Maybe I'm in the minority, maybe I'm not, ever since the UFC has gone digital with ESPN+, I've almost checked out. The fact that I have to buy the privilege to buy a PPV is absolutely absurd.
It's not the money that's the big issue, it's the fact that I have to pay for ANOTHER dumb app just so I can buy a ppv, I'm sorry but just NOT doing it.
From now on I WILL be illegally streaming, and dont hand me the "supporting the fighters" card bullshit, they are getting paid the same money regardless. Plus I've supported them financially way more than they've supported me financially + entertainment.
This has nothing to do with ANY of the fighters or fights, Ive enjoyed WMMA, so dont think they have anything to do with this, but to me the ESPN deal has taken MMA back a few steps towards the underground stages catered to the loyalists than any step foward.

Lost a ton of interest in buying anything UFC when it came out that they were secretly using fightpass subscribers' PCs to bitmine. I promised myself I would never by another UFC product.

Last edited:
But I agree that having to pay for a service in order to be able to purchase the fights is bullshit.

The shitty subscription model seems to be turning into a standard these days.

I'm not American so no.

Doesn't affect me.

My streams still work the same.

<Fedor23>

water-gif.gif

I don't mind espn+....it's great to have during college bball season anyway so ufc and pfl just make it better bang for the buck

And i watch ppv's for free with zero fucks given.

But it's the exact same price. If anything, it's better to have espn+ and the ppv vs just the ppv. You get fight nights as well as boxing and other sports.

The only thing I hate is the lag sometimes and you need a fast connection. At least before there wasn't any lag since it was on cable.

Last edited:
But I agree that having to pay for a service in order to be able to purchase the fights is bullshit.

Crappy models like this seems to be a standard these days.

Look - when they fucked around w/ coke and made new coke, backlash a decade before common browsers and almost 20 years before most of teh hoi polloi wuz computin'.

Make noise - get results. Tell them to fuck off and they will. Watch anyways and well, they've got you by the balls anyways, so fuck you.

But not you you, because like you said before, you like gushers, sorry, I meant you like streams, ya, streams, thats it. I'm so clumsy sometimes.

These people don’t understand the sport just like the last asshats. STOP SPOILING FIGHTS ON THE BOTTOM TICKER YOU FUCKERS.

I’m sitting there after a night of coke and banging 10’s, I start watching the prelims and “Jarred Cannonier tko’s Anderson Silva.

Thanks for spoiling another fight. There aren’t 162 games like in Baseball you don’t put important fight results on the damn ticker.

Fuck whoever disagrees. I’m watching the replay of the damn prelims and they are showing the main card results!

Ridiculous :sniper:

I dvr'd a fight night and watched that, but since the switch I've seen nothing else. It bums me out but I'm not playing all these games just to see some fights. I'll find vids the next day for the big events. Boo.

Yeah bro those numbers i gotta push to change the channel was the last straw

Look - when they fucked around w/ coke and made new coke, backlash a decade before common browsers and almost 20 years before most of teh hoi polloi wuz computin'.

Make noise - get results. Tell them to fuck off and they will. Watch anyways and well, they've got you by the balls anyways, so fuck you.

But not you you, because like you said before, you like gushers, sorry, I meant you like streams, ya, streams, thats it. I'm so clumsy sometimes.
Lay off the glass dick, bro.

These people don’t understand the sport just like the last asshats. STOP SPOILING FIGHTS ON THE BOTTOM TICKER YOU FUCKERS.

I’m sitting there after a night of coke and banging 10’s, I start watching the prelims and “Jarred Cannonier tko’s Anderson Silva.

Thanks for spoiling another fight. There aren’t 162 games like in Baseball you don’t put important fight results on the damn ticker.

Fuck whoever disagrees. I’m watching the replay of the damn prelims and they are showing the main card results!

Ridiculous :sniper:

I just lost all respect for you w/ this post; doing coke and banging 10's. The shame of it all. How dare you you filthy miscreant!

Since the Fertitta's sold the UFC and left Dana/WME to run the company into the ground

I’ve stopped caring a long time ago.

Mayberry>>>Heavies

Back