Anyone buy a Gaming PC or desktop PC from Costco?

I am not one to evaluate prices of PC because I don't know shit but those prices aren't too bad compared to what I built. Honestly I think I would have gotten a more powerful comp with the deals here

BUYPOWER C-i11 Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB NVIDIA GTX 1080 Graphics for $1,999.99 seems like a good ass deal.

Can someone confirm this for me so I can cry myself to sleep tonight?

Just curious if anyone has bought a Gaming PC or general desktop PC from Costco? What'd you get? Happy with your purchase? Some of the gaming PCs look nice:

http://www.costco.com/desktops-servers.html?refine=30057+766862&COSTID=Desktops_Gaming
Are you buying there for any particular reason? All of those PCs can be had from various vendors, including direct from the manufacturer. There are differing opinions on each of those companies, but for ibuypower and cyberpower, you can go to their site and spec out exactly what you want down to the make and model of each component. If you don't want to be bothered building your own, this is a good option since you are basically paying for someone else to assemble your system.

My wife bought a Dell XPS desktop for 600 and it works great. I7 at 3.4ghz and GTX 745. She doesnt game and using it mainly for photo editing and it been work well for her.

my cousin bought an i7 laptop from costco before. it had very low specs for everything else; lower than what the brand manufacturers typically sell.

i love costco but i wouldnt buy computers from them without it being heavily discounted and checking on all the relevant specs rigorously.

I bought my first brand new computer from Costco about 10-12 years ago when I didnt know shit
Looking back on what I got for what I paid, I definitely got robbed

Wouldn't do it. If you do I would change out the power supply ASAP. These type of systems tend to go with cheap power supplies. Which can take your whole system with it if it blows.

Are you buying there for any particular reason? All of those PCs can be had from various vendors, including direct from the manufacturer. There are differing opinions on each of those companies, but for ibuypower and cyberpower, you can go to their site and spec out exactly what you want down to the make and model of each component. If you don't want to be bothered building your own, this is a good option since you are basically paying for someone else to assemble your system.

I just like Costco. My current computer is about 9 years old and sometimes makes a whirring noise which makes me think it'll last another year or two if I'm lucky then fail. And it's an HP all-in-one so I won't be able to salvage anything since it's all one big monitor.

Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough to build my own and don't want the hassle. I'd rather just get a good deal from Costco and be done with it. And I only buy a new PC about every 10 years lol. The only game I play on the PC is Baldur's Gate when I get a chance. Other than good graphics for that game I just want something that loads webpages and things fast.

Thanks.

I just like Costco. My current computer is about 9 years old and sometimes makes a whirring noise which makes me think it'll last another year or two if I'm lucky then fail. And it's an HP all-in-one so I won't be able to salvage anything since it's all one big monitor.

Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough to build my own and don't want the hassle. I'd rather just get a good deal from Costco and be done with it. And I only buy a new PC about every 10 years lol. The only game I play on the PC is Baldur's Gate when I get a chance. Other than good graphics for that game I just want something that loads webpages and things fast.

Thanks.

What is your budget? Those brands are decent, but the configurations are not optimized (as with most prebuilts). You can configure a better setup for the same money. I will do the configuring for you, just let me know how much. But from the Costco site, I would go with this one if you are impatient:

http://www.costco.com/CyberpowerPC-...indows-10-Professional.product.100296640.html

People telling him to build his own need to add up the numbers..

GTX 1080 = $600
i7 6700K = $330
32GB DDR4 RAM = $200
250GB SSD = $100
2TB HD = $80
Win 10 Pro = $200
DVD RW = $40
Keyboard & Mouse = $40-60
Motherboard = $100-200
Power supply = $100-150
Tower = $70
TOTAL = $2,030

Their price for this config is $1,599.99, which is actually a fairly good deal.

http://www.costco.com/CyberpowerPC-...indows-10-Professional.product.100296640.html

Last edited:
No but I do get my hot wings there for watching UFC

GTX 1080 = $600
i7 6700K = $330
32GB DDR4 RAM = $200
250GB SSD = $100
1TB HD = $50
Win 10 Pro = $200
DVD RW = $40
Motherboard = $100-200
Power supply = $100-150
Tower = $70
TOTAL = $2,000

What kind of parts does the Cyberpower build use though? A lot of these prebuilt ones are stuck with generic power supplies that aren't reliable instead of a quality company like EVGA or Zalman. Same thing with the RAM.
He probably doesn't need all this anyhow depending on his purpose and desired resolution.
Some of your prices are way off too.

What kind of parts does the Cyberpower build use though? A lot of these prebuilt ones are stuck with generic power supplies that aren't reliable instead of a quality company like EVGA or Zalman. Same thing with the RAM.
He probably doesn't need all this anyhow depending on his purpose and desired resolution.

What's way off?
I buy, build, and setup PCs for a living so I'd be glad to hear what prices you think are more accurate.
You can't get a 1080 for less than $600, or a i7 6700K for less than $300, just those two alone will cost $1000 after taxes. The most you'll be able to shave off is maybe a hundred dollars or so.
That being said, I would def replace the power supply as they DO have shitty cheap ones in these builds.
He said he just wants to play BG, which this system is completely overkill for, but it will do what he wants for a while.

Last edited:
I agree the cyberpower is a great deal. Go for it. Worst case you can replace the power supply later if it fails.

You can configure the same build on their website and select a better power supply for about the same price. Might even be cheaper since they are running Christmas specials.

High end PC for $1600? Yeah, that cyberpower is actually a pretty good deal. I used one of their PCs for about 6 years, it was well built.

This is a computer that is powerful enough to last you for many years.

GTX 1080 = $600
i7 6700K = $330
32GB DDR4 RAM = $200
250GB SSD = $100
2TB HD = $80
Win 10 Pro = $200
DVD RW = $40
Motherboard = $100-200
Power supply = $100-150
Tower = $70
TOTAL = $2,030

GTX 1080 = $600
i7 6700K = $330
32GB DDR4 RAM = $200
250GB SSD = $100
2TB HD = $80
Win 10 Pro = $200
DVD RW = $40
Motherboard = $100-200
Power supply = $100-150
Tower = $70
TOTAL = $2,030

A few differences on the market right now you could argue if you went bottom billing:
  • $160 = 32GB DDR4 RAM (-$40)
  • $65 = 240GB SSD (-$35)
  • $50 = 2TB HDD (-$30)
  • $15 = DVD-RW (-$25)
  • $75 = PSU ($-25)
  • Total = -$155
$70 for the case, $100 for the motherboard, and $40 for the KB+M combo all also seem a touch high, but they might not be, and it's impossible for me to presume. I find it highly unlikely that you could save more than $50 from what he has allotted above on all three combined. So I could see myself down-valuing his appraisal to $1825 with all of that. Nevertheless, the cost of liquid cooling has been overlooked. That will add ~$50 back at least.

I'd say just about any way you slice it this is a $1,900+ machine on raw parts & OS software alone. One could quibble about overkill for a gamer build with the RAM and the "Pro" licensing, but it's not like downgrading those makes up the ~$275+ advantage over the market price, so why fret that you cannot downgrade?

Thanks.

If that is the case the Cyberpower PC is way overkill for you. I would suggest something with an Intel i3 or i5, at least 8GB or RAM, and SSD for the operating system and perhaps a GPU like a GTX 1050 or RX 460.

A few differences on the market right now you could argue if you went bottom billing:
  • $160 = 32GB DDR4 RAM (-$40)
  • $65 = 240GB SSD (-$35)
  • $50 = 2TB HDD (-$30)
  • $15 = DVD-RW (-$25)
  • $75 = PSU ($-25)
  • Total = -$155
$70 for the case, $100 for the motherboard, and $40 for the KB+M combo all also seem a touch high, but they might not be, and it's impossible for me to presume. I find it highly unlikely that you could save more than $50 from what he has allotted above on all three combined. So I could see myself down-valuing his appraisal to $1825 with all of that. Nevertheless, the cost of liquid cooling has been overlooked. That will add ~$50 back at least.

I'd say just about any way you slice it this is a $1,900+ machine on raw parts & OS software alone. One could quibble about overkill for a gamer build with the RAM and the "Pro" licensing, but it's not like downgrading those makes up the ~$275+ advantage over the market price, so why fret that you cannot downgrade?

Yeah, like I said earlier, the most you could shave off is a hundred dollars or so if you went looking for the best deals. Also if you take shipping and taxes into play, it's still roughly around the $2,000.
Tower, keyboard and mouse are also subjective on how much you want to spend. My keyboard cost $120 on sale, normally $170.
It's still a good deal for all the parts, software, and labor. IMO, I'd go for it and get a bigger SSD and a better power supply.

GTX 1080 = $600
i7 6700K = $330
32GB DDR4 RAM = $200
250GB SSD = $100
2TB HD = $80
Win 10 Pro = $200
DVD RW = $40
Motherboard = $100-200
Power supply = $100-150
Tower = $70
TOTAL = $2,030

lols looks like it's gone, pretty sure that was an accident or something. That Acer Predator is not a bad deal either though, basically the same as this one but with a 1070 instead of 1080 for 1300

http://www.costco.com/Acer-Predator...ore-i7---8GB-Graphics-.product.100319640.html

Back