Anyone been to Joshua Tree?

Make sure there isn't some weird festival going on. We went once and there was some yoga retreat happening and the place was a zoo. Ended up just pushing through to San Diego.
Haha, when I look at the pics I think yoga retreat. If husband wasn't as square as he is (not slagging him off, he's near on perfect) I would consider peyote.

Thank you, I didn't think I had ever missed a Bourdain episode and I love QOTSA, tiddlywinks I didn't know it existed

I went hiking there once. It's the desert.

I knew this girl in college that climbed the Ugly Joshua Tree. She fell from near the top and hit every branch on the way down. This left her with one tooth...the front top right one. When she would eat hotdogs, she would line up the hotdog with her one tooth and chomp that shit down. I think she called the RA on us for playing loud music and smoking weed.

I knew this girl in college that climbed the Ugly Joshua Tree. She fell from near the top and hit every branch on the way down. This left her with one tooth...the front top right one. When she would eat hotdogs, she would line up the hotdog with her one tooth and chomp that shit down. I think she called the RA on us for playing loud music and smoking weed.
A mean BJ though right?

Some good star gazing there, camping and bouldering if you're into that type of thing.

Haven't been there in a few years.

Other half surprised me with this, we're going next weekend. Been getting right back into U2 lately, he bought me the LP the other day.

Really looking forward to sitting outside and star gazing with peace and quiet.

https://glampinghub.com/unitedstate.../joshuatree/airstream-joshua-tree-california/
Congrats on the trip. Enjoy.

I've never been there but my wife has been several times ( she's original from Orange, CA ). And she says that while it's beautiful that the heat can be brutal. She says that while I'm used to the heat in Arizona that I wouldn't like the heat in Joshua tree because it's not as dry as Arizona & I hate sweating. Still, I'd be game.

if you are going right now it will probably be like 100+ degrees anthony bourdain has a good episode on joshua tree the lead singer fron queens of the stone age is from there.
Did you see that episode where he went to that shithole in Bombay beach by the Salton Sea with all of the dollar bills on the wall?

When I was out that way with my wife a few years ago we pulled up in the lot and debated going in. But between the crowd in the parking lot and the weirdos peering out the windows at us, we thought better of it.

And @fingercuffs if you're going out that way you have to stop at Slab City and salvation mountain

Decided to stay in LA tonight. 5 hours to get here but only. 2 to get to Joshua Tree

looking forward to some forward to some good food tonight.

Not really. Not a huge fan of the desert, unless there is boos and strip clubs near by, i.e. Vegas! I don’t even enjoy going to Palm Springs.

Who the fuck goes to the desert for fun?

Life could be far worse
View attachment 778499

Barely.

gallery_medium.jpg

Back