Anyone been sort of deaf for a couple of weeks?

Had some kind of condition where i could hear my own blood pulse, thanks all went for the best but it was painfull.

Probably a heart condition, not an ear condition.

Malas- get checked out for Menier's disease.

It's no joke.

I was looking into that a while back, but I don't remember much of what I read. I'll go through it again, thanks.

I was looking into that a while back, but I don't remember much of what I read. I'll go through it again, thanks.

Ask your doc to check for it.

I've had the hearing test in the doctors and I can apparently hear fine but my left ear feels like it's in a bubble and when there's complete silence I can hear a loud ringing. Two sounds at the same time I can't differentiate at all either. Like if there's a kettle and someone's talking I can't hear the talking.

I had a mild cold which started on Dec 30th, my balance was fucked but apart from a few sneezes and this hearing shit I was fine.

On Monday my doc gave me a nose spray and told me to do it for 4/5 days but I gave up yesterday because it screwed up my sinuses.

Anyone?

I've had chronic ear problems for years. I'm not a doctor, but I've had the same basic problems (the poping-clicking when yawning/swallowing, the distorted hearing while not actually being deaf, etc) and you probably just have a lot of fluid building up in your ears. The eustation tubes connect your ears to the back of your throat/sinuses and they are probably inflamed from a viral infection (cold/flu etc) and not letting your ears drain properly. The best cure for this is to drink a lot of water (helps thin out the fluid so it will flow/drain easier), chew a lot of gum (the chewing action helps open the tubes), and take sudafed and afrin (they are both decongestants but work in different ways, you can take both at the same time). I doubt you have an ear infection because those typically become extremely painful if left unchecked.

Back