anyone a scientific genius?

Trying to guess what your definition of "scientific genius" is confuses me much more than the constituents within the two links provided.

When just about all it takes is rote memorization and critical thinking capacity, I don't know that anyone has potential that much head and shoulders over anyone else.

Maybe an electron is not matter ? ?, and is something else entirely, a new type of existence. Have they tried this with other particles? What about a proton?

Or we could be living in a Matrix. That is awesome. To the supercomputer if it is listening, "give me a hot blonde girlfriend in a red dress just like in the movie." If you do I will never ever rebel against you seriously.

The simple answer is that science has no idea why quantum particles behave the way that they do.

Have you ever heard of action at a distance? Apparently there isn't even a speed cap on it. As an example, if two particles are 1,000 light years apart, they will still produce this phenomenon instantly. Kinda scary isn't it?

EDIT: I should probably say what action at a distance actually is before I make such claims, my bad: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_at_a_distance

None of us are scientific geniuses

however we will co-opt whatever science disseminates to us as truth

and in doing so we will carry on the great tradition of our forefathers

The tradition of choosing arbitors of truth and reflexively agreeing with whatever they say.

In the past it was priestcraft

Now it's science

but either way , we are not priests and we are not scientists but whatever authority tells us is true... must be true.

I don't... Can't... mind fail.

I love quantum physics... and cannot understand a single aspect of it. Does not compute.

None of us are scientific geniuses

however we will co-opt whatever science disseminates to us as truth

and in doing so we will carry on the great tradition of our forefathers

The tradition of choosing arbitors of truth and reflexively agreeing with whatever they say.

In the past it was priestcraft

Now it's science

but either way , we are not priests and we are not scientists but whatever authority tells us is true... must be true.

I trust in science because of what we can DO with it. That is the ultimate test of its truth. Science is good shit.

Religion, or "priestcraft" as you put it, is obviously complete and utter bullshit. And deep down everybody knows this; they're just so scared of death that they can't allow themselves to admit that there's nothing after this life of ours. Makes you question what the fuck's the point, doesn't it?

*pours a drink*

basically it says that reality is what you perceive and you perceive what you believe to be reality.
and everything can and does exist in different states at the same time and place.

though art god

Lol I love the Futurama horse race joke about this.

It could be the observer effect. Basically the act of measuring something changes it. For example, taking tire pressure changes the pressure, since you have to let some air out. The recorder could be doing the same thing here, but I won't pretend that I know what's going on at the quantum level.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I trust in science because of what we can DO with it. That is the ultimate test of its truth. Science is good shit.

Religion, or "priestcraft" as you put it, is obviously complete and utter bullshit. And deep down everybody knows this; they're just so scared of death that they can't allow themselves to admit that there's nothing after this life of ours. Makes you question what the fuck's the point, doesn't it?

*pours a drink*

Unless you are a scientist

then what you think you believe in is no different than the priestcraft of old

Are you a scientist?

if the answer is no , then you take it on faith that what they say is true.

and they often revise their position , especially where it matters most

for where the big questions are concerned , science is still treading on a footing of theory ,not law.

If anyone on here was a scientific genius, they wouldn't be posting on here.

Back