Anyone a fan of the idea of Pat Barry v Overeem ?

I wouldn't be so sure tbh, Reem would be too confident to take it to the ground and barry has the skills to KO the reem for sure.

Just like Pat did to Lavar Johnson? He folded like a cheap suit vs a pure brawler who he should of schooled. What exactly do you think Barry would do to beat Overeem? Will the commission let him bring a baseball bat into the cage?

Barry is underrated. His striking is some of the very best in his division, and Overeem hasn't fought anybody like him in MMA. Look at what he did to Hardonk, his power is devastating.

barry2.gif

That said, Overeem likely takes this. Pat Barry makes a lot of silly mistakes in his fights.

Not a fan. he would look silly in terms of size next to overeem, and be overmatched. and he doesnt deserve the chnace to fight overeem at this point. Stupid match.

Overeem accomplished more in one night than Barry did in his whole kickboxing career.

Overeem beat the same guy that Cain beat to win his HW belt. :p

Overeem is top 3 right now.
I agree, the Reem would have decimated everyone that Cain has beaten. We will start to see the remnants, after Overeem beats down Bigfoot.

same thing with jds. someone who has good mma standup doesnt mean he has good standup. reem doesnt have to worry to get taken down by one of them, he is stronger , got a good guard and some very nice subs. and when he doesnt have to worry about takedowns, he can go full k1 mode, and on the k1 planet, barry and jds are boths beginners who receive a hard beating.

Barry = Low level K1 striker without a groundgame.
Overeem = K1 GP champ with 19 wins by submission and underrated wrestling.

Sums it up. Someone in this thread said that Overeem would be cawwky and stand with Pat, and get hit. Overeem would GroundNpound the hell out of Pat, just like he did the Walmart Tire Guy.

Reem= K1 fighter with no chin who hides behind giant gloves

Barry = 1 punch KO power

Reem= K1 fighter with no chin who hides behind giant gloves

Barry = 1 punch KO power

Barry is a better match for JDS. Since JDS has a crap ground game Barry wouldnt have to worry about that. Barry wins by KO.

The fight would be embarrassing for Pat because he would be made to look like an amateur in the only area he is supposed to excel. They would have to stop billing him as an 'elite' kickboxer afterwards.

Brock says it doesnt get any better than Pat Barry.

Barry has power, and could certainly KO Overeem.

Overeem would be the favorite though.

Overeem gets double underhooks and then Barry dies.

Although Barry could possibly catch him, obviously.

I actually think Overeem has become just as much a one dimensional fighter as Barry since he put on all his weight (his one dimension has been fairly successful though I must admit).

sorry I couldnt disagree more. Overeem used his wrestling to neutralize Werdum's ground game and took Rogers down to GNP him. He also defended lesnar's takedown.

There's a HUGE difference between a striker who can't defend the takedown and a striker who can defend the takedown. The latter is more well rounded, of course.

Back