Anybody work in Sales?

Honestly the issue isn't that you have an opinion. The issue is how you expressed it. You didn't follow the chain of command in any way, shape, or form. You just took to the internet and basically called the guy out in public and you wonder why he might be upset? The military has a term for that, it's called insubordination.

I admit the mistake, It was a sub tweet and those are not easily findable unless you specifically search for it.

He could have talked to me instead of searching where I work and speaking to every manager in the area. in like less than an hour. you would think a CEO of a fortune 500 company has better things to do

Whatever, well see what happens tomorrow.

I did sales for Zerox a few years back.

Good people to work with, great perks, shit-ish job.

I admit the mistake, It was a sub tweet and those are not easily findable unless you specifically search for it.

He could have talked to me instead of searching where I work and speaking to every manager in the area. in like less than an hour. you would think a CEO of a fortune 500 company has better things to do

Whatever, well see what happens tomorrow.

Well to be fair you likely signed something when you were hired that said you wouldn't take to the internet with concerns about the company unless expressly asked. It's a pretty standard part of employment paperwork now. CEO's usually take what amounts to a legal contract fairly seriously. Or maybe you struck a nerve and he's just the kind of guy who Vince McMahon's people. Only time will tell.

Either way I wouldn't quit. Worst thing they can do is fire you and in all likelihood you'll be able to collect since I'm assuming this is your first time having this kind of issue.

Retweet the dm, fuck it you are probably going to get fired might as well put him on blast

Putting him on blast and it picking up traction may not bode well for getting work in the future.

Any cell phone salesmen here? I work for T-Mobile and I hate sales but it is the only job I could get right now. I hate the fact that my own companies pays contractors to send secret shoppers (lowest scums on the planet) to act like customers to test out customer service. If we get under a 90% just once, we get fined and after a few "failures" we could get fired.

/Rant

What keeps you going everyday? is it the commission or do you really love the products you are selling to the consumers.

I worked in telephone sales and door to door for a out 4 years.

I hated every minute of sales.

Customer service however got me a great deal of satisfaction. Basically if I could offer a product the customer really wanted that would give me a kick, problem solving.

I never sold a product to someone that they didn't need or want as I consider that immoral. I never made a sale for the commission and I ended up leaving BT because I wouldn't.

Sales at best should be beautiful, it is however, commonly the spawn of Satan's arsehole. I recommend poverty rather than Being a twat.

I'm in sales because that's all I know. I'm a used car dealer.

I did that for a fair few years. Started in Retail and then went into car sales. Whilst the money was great, the hours were horrendous in my opinion. Getting to work at 8am and leaving at 8pm six days a week and avoiding holidays simply because you wouldn't earn any money. I believe I simply burnt out. It's a hard job and you're only as good as your last sale. I then went into insurance/finance but it eventually became automated (reading solely from scripts due to regulations) and at that point, I'd had enough of sales (15 years worth, obviously I was no superstar but I did okay).

I've since been lucky in switching careers into engineering which I absolutely love.

Sales certainly isn't for everyone but I take my hat off to those that graft away at it to earn a crust.

Because they get paid like, who knows, $20 dollars to walk inside a store waste an employees time by asking ridiculous questions they could find on our website and then have the power of your employment in their hands afterwards.

You have to go through everything for them. Our coverage, their data needs (based on a calculator we use), demo multiple phones, show them accessories, explain to them how much their bill would be, explain the insurance. this process that could take half hour. Then you must review everything again to them.

Then there is the personality of the shopper. they are the ones who act like they have no clue on how to use a phone. then there's the one who knows everything. they are also ones who try to rush you. and last, but not least, they are the ones who complain about everything you show them

If you fail to explain to them one thing out of twenty, you will get fined and/or fired for that.

Reminds me of rats.

Those guys aren't rats. They're just doing their jobs like you are. If you have to blame someone for this, blame the company. They're the ones that hired them to check up on you guys.

I blame my bachelors degree for being so critically outspoken on the management and marketing of wherever I work in. I'm taught one way in school and see another in the workplace. the latter is backwards. There is a reason some corporations are better than others when they all sell the same crap.

Really Kim Kardashian, which marketing genius brought that up

It seems like you're new to the workfield but you gotta be a team player, playa. Can't call out your bosses like that. It makes you a know it all and nobody wants to work with one.

Stay with your current job but look for another one ASAP. Guaranteed they'll make your life hell until you quit/get fired.

I did that for a fair few years. Started in Retail and then went into car sales. Whilst the money was great, the hours were horrendous in my opinion. Getting to work at 8am and leaving at 8pm six days a week and avoiding holidays simply because you wouldn't earn any money. I believe I simply burnt out. It's a hard job and you're only as good as your last sale. I then went into insurance/finance but it eventually became automated (reading solely from scripts due to regulations) and at that point, I'd had enough of sales (15 years worth, obviously I was no superstar but I did okay).

I've since been lucky in switching careers into engineering which I absolutely love.

Sales certainly isn't for everyone but I take my hat off to those that graft away at it to earn a crust.

Very accurate post. Except my hours are slightly less. Working six days a week fucking sucks dude. That's why I prefer wholesale.

Very accurate post. Except my hours are slightly less. Working six days a week fucking sucks dude. That's why I prefer wholesale.

Six days a week certainly grinds on you after a while ha. We had commercial sales people (an avenue I should have looked into at the time) and they were predominantly 9-5, Monday to Friday but as I was quite young (started at 18, ended at 25) and a lot of the local businesses dealt mainly with the more mature gent or so I was told back then. Probably bullshit mind, as they saw me more of a front line, deal with the walk ins kind of salesman I guess.

So you're still in the game? What sort of hours and vehicle sales you hitting each month? You still enjoying the rollercoaster that is car sales?

So you're still in the game? What sort of hours and vehicle sales you hitting each month? You still enjoying the rollercoaster that is car sales?

Indeed I am Sir. Started when I was 24, gonna be 26 soon. I not only get paid salary and commission, but I also go to auctions to by cars my self. Any profit I make I give 20% to the owners. Mon-Friday 9:30 to 7 and on Sat from 9:30 to 4. Can't tell you how much we get rid of exactly, but the numbers are good. As you know it has it's ups and downs. Can't wait for income tax returns to start!

So I just tweeted to the CEO of T-Mobile John Legere and pretty much said im not impressed with our super bowl commercial and their choice for Kim Kardashian.

He DMs me asking for my cell number, which store I work and a sentence about the mistake I just made.

What the hell should I do. its been an hr since he DMed me, but I think he might personally fire me just for stating an opinion about their choice as a spokesperson.
You should have hired a secret employee for that one.

Indeed I am Sir. Started when I was 24, gonna be 26 soon. I not only get paid salary and commission, but I also go to auctions to by cars my self. Any profit I make I give 20% to the owners. Mon-Friday 9:30 to 7 and on Sat from 9:30 to 4. Can't tell you how much we get rid of exactly, but the numbers are good. As you know it has it's ups and downs. Can't wait for income tax returns to start!

Sounds very good and at least you get out and about to auctions etc!!! All the very best for the future. I'm 35 now and although I've left the trade, there are many fond memories aside from the long hours and such!

You keep at it buddy!

So I just got back from work. Store manager was pissed but I told him the issue is with me and Mr. Legere(T Mobile CEO). I got a call and was on conference with the Vice President of T Mobile, North East General Manager and the boss himself.

I was nervous at first, but I quickly explained to them that hiring Kim K for a super bowl commercial isn't funny or a good idea. We hired Richard Sherman and I said we could have done a commercial with him doing a parody of his interview from last year NFC championship game. This time he would be ranting on how T-Mobile is the best carrier, the other carriers copying our moves and how we are the best in the game

They respected me for not being a yes man and not afraid to voice my concerns. They all gave me their email addresses and said to e mail them in the future.

Now, the CEO of T Mobile knows my name, the VP and top General manager. All in all it was a smart move on my part

Why don't you like shoppers? Like someone said previously they're just doing their job. It's really the only way for larger companies to make sure the processes that they have in place are being followed in a real life situation. If you can pick them out, (Which I doubt or you'd have no problem with them.) then do the checklist of things you need to do and move on. If you have a bad score it's because you didn't follow the right process, ask the right questions or follow the job procedures correctly. If your boss came to you and ran through a role play it's drastically different than if someone from the outside does.

Back