Anybody work in Sales?

Depends on the product and the rate of pay.
Hourly + Commission ..... Sure I can do that! Easy as hell.
Commission only ...... Hell no!!! Fuck That!

One of my main gripes about commission only are the time wasting customers. The types you spend nearly an hour or two talking and still get no sale at the end.
Cold calling sales are the worst because you gotta play a psychological game with them. Tossing fake dollar amounts around in each conversation.
Example: Look at how much money you are saving!
or
Just imagine how much money you could make! [/insert fake story about your other clients making profits]

Did commissioned sales at FS for almost 2 years. It improved my people skills but made me even more of a misanthrope than I already was.

Best feeling: getting a laptop with all the attach and 3 year warranty
Worst feeling: getting a laptop returned on the last day of the pay cycle and having to work a double shift trying (and failing) to make it up, then ending up selling yourself shit to hit base.

Some days the only thing good about that job was shooting the shit with fellow employees not making any money either. :D

I'm in sales because that's all I know. I'm a used car dealer.

Sorry dude but if you made a poll and asked sherdoges who were scummier, cell phone salesmen or secret shoppers, 90% of those polled would choose the salesmen.

Yea, most people who haven't worked in sales had to deal with secret shoppers would say salesmen are scummier. You'd have to have an equal amount of salesman and non-salesman taking the poll for it to be fair.

Yea, most people who haven't worked in sales had to deal with secret shoppers would say salesmen are scummier. You'd have to have an equal amount of salesman and non-salesman taking the poll for it to be fair.

That's not how "fair" and "most people" work

So I just tweeted to the CEO of T-Mobile John Legere and pretty much said im not impressed with our super bowl commercial and their choice for Kim Kardashian.

He DMs me asking for my cell number, which store I work and a sentence about the mistake I just made.

What the hell should I do. its been an hr since he DMed me, but I think he might personally fire me just for stating an opinion about their choice as a spokesperson.

So I just tweeted to the CEO of T-Mobile John Legere and pretty much said im not impressed with our super bowl commercial and their choice for Kim Kardashian.

He DMs me asking for my cell number, which store I work and a sentence about the mistake I just made.

What the hell should I do. its been an hr since he DMed me, but I think he might personally fire me just for stating an opinion about their choice as a spokesperson.

Pics or screenshot? Also fuck that guy. If he fires you put that shit on 4chan and reddit so the world can see whay a douche he is

Pics or screenshot? Also fuck that guy. If he fires you put that shit on 4chan and reddit so the world can see whay a douche he is

yea I got a screenshot but I do not want to post it because of further problems.

I just left a conference call with a few managers. they are all pissed off. that was fast, I didn't even give him my number or anything.

Like seriously, all I said was we could have hired a better spokesperson than Kim K. Some regional manager might call me tonight but it's 10 PM, I do not want to answer a phone call this late.

yea I got a screenshot but I do not want to post it because of further problems.

I just left a conference call with a few managers. they are all pissed off. that was fast, I didn't even give him my number or anything.

Like seriously, all I said was we could have hired a better spokesperson than Kim K.

You might as well just post the screenshot.

You probably should not have mentioned being an employee. A lot of companies have major issues with employees expressing an opinion about the company online. Hell, it has been part of my training in the past.

You probably should not have mentioned being an employee. A lot of companies have major issues with employees expressing an opinion about the company online. Hell, it has been part of my training in the past.

You're right. but I really believe we could have hired a better spokesperson than Kim K.

Should I just go to work tomorrow and quit.

I don't think it would be possible to find someone worse.

And don't quit, wait to see what happens. They fire you, you can probably get unemployment, and then milk this shit online.

I don't think it would be possible to find someone worse.

And don't quit, wait to see what happens. They fire you, you can probably get unemployment, and then milk this shit online.

I wont blast him like that. Who would have thought Kim K would get me fired. But i'll probably resign before it. I do not want to get yelled at for a personal opinion that I know majority of the people share with me.

I blame my bachelors degree for being so critically outspoken on the management and marketing of wherever I work in. I'm taught one way in school and see another in the workplace. the latter is backwards. There is a reason some corporations are better than others when they all sell the same crap.

Really Kim Kardashian, which marketing genius brought that up

I blame my bachelors degree for being so critically outspoken on the management and marketing of wherever I work in. I'm taught one way in school and see another in the workplace. the latter is backwards. There is a reason some corporations are better than others when they all sell the same crap.

Really Kim Kardashian, which marketing genius brought that up

Honestly the issue isn't that you have an opinion. The issue is how you expressed it. You didn't follow the chain of command in any way, shape, or form. You just took to the internet and basically called the guy out in public and you wonder why he might be upset? The military has a term for that, it's called insubordination.

Back