Anybody work in Sales?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Kais11, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Kais11

Kais11 Blue Belt

Any cell phone salesmen here? I work for T-Mobile and I hate sales but it is the only job I could get right now. I hate the fact that my own companies pays contractors to send secret shoppers (lowest scums on the planet) to act like customers to test out customer service. If we get under a 90% just once, we get fined and after a few "failures" we could get fired.

/Rant

What keeps you going everyday? is it the commission or do you really love the products you are selling to the consumers.

2. JAEGERX

JAEGERX victorus aut mortis Platinum Member

Nope, actually i've never worked in sales and im pretty sure i couldnt convince anyone to buy anything because i dont really give that much of a fuck.

on the topic, secret shoppers are what keeps the retail workers sharp, they have alot of power to what happens to the workforce actually.

3. blakethemus

blakethemus Blake Belt

Sales?

I think you mean retail.

Us sales people are at the mercy of our budgets not secret shoppers.

4. Was Exiled

Was Exiled Brown Belt

We got docked marks for our mystery shopper(was the only non 10/10) because one of the girls on the till didn't ask at the end of the transaction "Did you find everything you needed?"

Who the fuck says that? So goddamn stupid.

5. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

So you hate that your company expects you to do a good job?
    Those assholes!

6. Kais11

Kais11 Blue Belt

Tell me about it!

Which carrier do you work for?

We don't need secret shoppers because we are on our toes all day. literally and figuratively since T-Mobile removed all the chair from their stores

7. Was Exiled

Was Exiled Brown Belt

Just a large convenience store chain in Europe, you wouldn't know it

8. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Hipster

9. Kais11

Kais11 Blue Belt

I know right.

10. edco76

edco76 huh? Platinum Member

I was an account manager for a custom manufacturing company. I also sold high end furniture for a while.

I didnt care for it.

11. Striderxdj

Striderxdj Brown Belt

Like 13 years ago I worked retail sales at frys electronics for over a year doing video sales and telecom previously. I was never the best salesman, but I was one of the best and rarely had returns and did well just being honest and selling the stuff I'd actually use or slight upsells over ad pieces. You can still make great money without being a scumbag liar and just being straight with people, many of my fellow sales associates would have people coming in for a tube tv on ad and try and get them to a Sony/mitsubishi credit card and a 60 inch bigscreen, no shame whatsoever.

12. Bloody Pulp

Bloody Pulp Silver Belt

I knew about that store when it was just a kiosk.

13. Gorkle

Gorkle Purple Belt

It depends on how good they are at their own jobs really.

I do sales for car insurance and one of the brands we work for were very strict on wanting nothing but the best, so they regularly used mystery shoppers to check up on us.

The problem being that we could work out it was a mystery shopper within the first 20 seconds of the call very, very easily. So the whole process became entirely useless as we were just on our best behaviour, everything was done exactly right for that call. They also panicked if we did anything off script, for example, talking to them like a real person, not just someone ticking a box.

14. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

I work in retail part time, I hate it. There has been a few that criticize me of being Russian rather than American.. but hey, I got good English :p. But I think it's hard not to say what you really think, especially when you get a self righteous ignorant piece of sh*t that you have to serve/help. But I am on a holiday right now, and I have to leave the job soon.

15. Kais11

Kais11 Blue Belt

That is what I do. The cell phone I push is the LG G3 because it is not only cheaper than the iPhone 6 and the S 5 and Note 4, but the specs are better than the former two.

But my co-workers and managers still push the S 5 when it costs $650 for a phone that flopped and will be replaced when the S 6 gets announced (sometime in March im hearing).

Theres a big morality issue I face when im at work.

16. 22k

22k ベルセルク Yellow Card

yes

17. Kais11

Kais11 Blue Belt

I could tell when a secret shopper comes to my store is when I asked them if it is alright to check their credit if they qualify for our promotions.

90% of the secret shoppers will either say no, or deflect the question by ignoring what I said and continue asking questions.

At this time is when I should just tell them what they want to hear but I kind of just want them to leave as they are just wasting my time while I could be helping real customers.

18. AppliedScience

AppliedScience Brown Belt

I am curious. What makes them the lowest scums?

19. therearnaked

therearnaked Purple Belt

I used to when i was like 18, didn't like it. I work construction now, much better pay and you don't need to serve shitty dumbass customers that you don't give a fuck about.

20. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Alpha booze head

Did retail part time, generally did really well with secret shoppers, but the funny thing is that I get perfect mark to above average just doing exactly the same (I had my routine down) so I didn't take them very seriously.

Because their job directly influenced how slack he can be at his own job.