Anybody wants to see Weidman/Rockhold 2 ???

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
Many people bring up this fight, Rockhold already beat him, what is the point of this rematch (unless it is for the title).
Fresh matchups are more interesting:
Weidman can fight Romero or Jacare
Luke can fight Romero/Mousasi/Whittaker/Silva

There are plenty of options, i think this rematch should not happen

Weidman does if Luke has the title

Also

Luke does if Weidman has the title

Other than that...Let Romero smash them both

mjSu1iO_zpsqumhr9yn.gif

Nah.

Weidman Vs Souza
Rockhold Vs Romero

If Moose beat Vitor, he's right up there too.

Nope.

I thought the rematch was stupid too, glad it got cancelled.

Rockhold was the better fighter and he won.

Not now, no. And it's not his fate because Rockhold proved once and for all for the whole world to see that destiny doesn't exist.

He's a regular fucking humanitarian.

I'd like to see Souza get his spot at the title. He definitely deserves it.

With the top 4 guys having not all fought each other, there's no reason to stick them in rematches.

Jacare, Romero, Weidman, Rockhold. Surely someone at UFC can be a little more creative than just rematches.

Why not now, they will have to fight each other again at some point

I don't know any fan of MMA who wouldn't.

However, it should be fairly clear Jacare is going to get matched up with one or that other, and honestly, that's why Jacare is so pissed off. I don't blame him.

Rockhold vs Weidman 2 didn't make much sense when it was actually going to happen. Now it makes even less sense.

Heck yeah.

But only if Weidman is physically "right."

If Weidman has neck/nerve/strength issues he can't fix (I don't know where he's at with all that), he should retire. He looked pathetic in the Rockhold 1 fight and appeared to be a shell of his former self.

A great example of what that injury can do to someone is what happened to Kurt Angle. Angle went from a 400+ pound bench presser with a monster torso to looking like a pre-puberty boy in his arms. Lost a huge amount of size and strength from it.

I hope Weidman can get back to his best physical form.

Nah.

Weidman Vs Souza
Rockhold Vs Romero

Exactly this. These are the fights to make. If Chris and Luke do fight again let it be for the title.

I don't know any fan of MMA who wouldn't.

However, it should be fairly clear Jacare is going to get matched up with one or that other, and honestly, that's why Jacare is so pissed off. I don't blame him.

Rockhold vs Weidman 2 didn't make much sense when it was actually going to happen. Now it makes even less sense.

Agreed. I'd rather see Weidman vs Jacare just to see a new matchup and do Rockhold vs Yoel.

Why not now, they will have to fight each other again at some point

Yes they will fight again but whats the point of now. Do romero and jacare have to fight again in that case or can we just switch it up and have luke v romero and chris v jacare.

Nah.

Weidman Vs Souza
Rockhold Vs Romero

I like how you think. To me, a rematch at this point makes zero sense and only holds up the division more. This is how I think it should go down:

Weidman vs Jacare
Luke vs Romero
Vitor vs Mousasi
Hall vs Brunson
Anderson vs Whittaker

This would make the division much clearer and give opportunities to guys who deserve the chance to prove themselves.

I wasn't for an immediate rematch for the title between those two. Now that Rockhold no longer has the belt then I'm fine with a second fight.

Back