Anybody own a ps vita?

I love my Vita, but I bought it more for home use then travel. I have young kids at home and I don't want them to see some of the games I play on the TV, so remote play from my PS4 to the Vita is amazing as it allows me to play console games on a hand held. Plus it's a RPG lovers dream from all of the PS1/PSP games you have access too. That's not even including the actual Vita library. I bought Borderlands 2 for the Vita and I'm shocked at how much power that little Vita can push. They had to tone it down a little bit to run smoother on the Vita, but it's still impressive what they did with it. Killzone Mercenaries was built from the ground up for the Vita and looks/plays amazing.

Add in the fact that there were very few good games for the PSP and I barely used the thing.

Whatttttttttttttttt?

God of War, GTA, Kingdom Hearts, MGS, Monster Hunter, Dissidia, Crisis Core, Castlevania, The Warriors and so on. Plus, it plays ROMs flawlessly.

It's worth it just to be able to play P4 the golden.
I've also played my PS4 more on the vita than using the ds4 so far.
It doesn't have the amount of amazing games available as the 3ds/2ds, but it's well worth it.

I wonder how shitty the new non-amoled screen is in actual use. Comparison images makes it look less than great.

It's not as pretty as OLED but apparently it looks just fine and has good viewing angles and no OLED mura effect which a lot of people hate. I like my OLED so I wouldn't trade it but the new ones are supposed to be a lot lighter and more comfortable to hold. If I had one complaints about the Vita is that it's just not easy to hold and causes my hands to cramp.

Whats the name of the indie game where you are going around collecting cubes to open new doors?

You can change the angles to get to new places and stuff its weird idk if im explaining it very well lol but idk how else to... it was on the vita at best buy it was really cool

Whats the name of the indie game where you are going around collecting cubes to open new doors?

You can change the angles to get to new places and stuff its weird idk if im explaining it very well lol but idk how else to... it was on the vita at best buy it was really cool

Sounds like Fez.
ss5.jpg

yes! thank you, i must have been standing in best buy for 30 min. playing this game lol

I platinumed the game while at work and I definitely had to cheat reading some of the puzzles. They are a complete mindfuck. The game gets nuts and some of the secrets make me think you'd need a degree in cryptology or mathematics to figure out.

It's not a "fun" game but it's beautiful and a very pleasant experience. Also one of the best endings I've seen in years.

I think the Vita has the same problem. Very few exclusive good games. I would say that if you already have ps+ then sure, because you will get free games. But if you don't and you don't have a lot of downtime outside of your home, you probably shouldn't bother.
It's a myth the vita has few games. There are tons of games, good games at that, that are vita exclusive.

Id Try to find an older oled model, TS, instead of the new vita 2000. PS+ is a must, "free" games monthly: I have a ps3 as well so it is a no brainer for me to have ps+, but $50 a year is what it costs.

I play portable a lot: my 3ds and vita. Both systems have great games, but the vita is the more versatile and more powerful machine by a long shot.

Make sure you get the fat model, i wouldnt get the 2000 thin verison since the screen isnt as quality as the OLED screen. The only reason why i'd get the thin model is because of the gundam limited edition ps vita

Make sure you get the fat model, i wouldnt get the 2000 thin verison since the screen isnt as quality as the OLED screen. The only reason why i'd get the thin model is because of the gundam limited edition ps vita
That gundam model is ducking sexy. Almost got one cause it's so fly

It's a myth the vita has few games. There are tons of games, good games at that, that are vita exclusive.

Id Try to find an older oled model, TS, instead of the new vita 2000. PS+ is a must, "free" games monthly: I have a ps3 as well so it is a no brainer for me to have ps+, but $50 a year is what it costs.

I play portable a lot: my 3ds and vita. Both systems have great games, but the vita is the more versatile and more powerful machine by a long shot.

Ya I hear the OLED looks a lot better, but the battery life isnt as good.

That gundam model is ducking sexy. Almost got one cause it's so fly

folydg.gif

well my 27th birthday is coming up on the 9th. jumps i think i might ask for one

lol i thought the model was put together ahha

Ya I hear the OLED looks a lot better, but the battery life isnt as good.

The battery life is a problem. I got the vita nyko power grips that extend the battery. Shit lasts for weeks as opposed to six-seven hours.

Shit ghost, youre like 10 months older than I.

The battery life is a problem. I got the vita nyko power grips that extend the battery. Shit lasts for weeks as opposed to six-seven hours.

Shit ghost, youre like 10 months older than I.

You've seen what i look like, i look like im 19 lmao.

i need a new ps vita so bad, im gonna import a couple mecha games.

I have 1 and I enjoy it. Best hand held put out, it's kinda like having a mini ps2 to carry around. It isn't quite as powerful as a ps3. Also remote play will allow you to play your ps4, even if someone else is using the TV. It is a solid system. But I am only one opinion. I don't know exactly what you are looking for in the system.

Got one and was obsessed with Dragon's crown, but as you got into the later stages with so many people on screen it would lag to shit and I wouldnt have any idea what was going on so I stopped playing.

I really like it, one thing i HATE is gimmicky touch screen shit like in Uncharted for vita it had u doing those swipe minigame things for half the game. So annoying.

Definitely the best handheld out, although they don't make enough games for it.

got The Warriors on it and played the shit out of it.

Lost interest but I just got a ps4 so i'm sure i'll be doing remote play at some point

I don't really have a problem with battery life. If you spend all day playing an intensive game you might have to charge it. Other than that, the battery retains its hold very well while not in use.

It has better battery life than a smart phone.

Also, sleep mode. That shit is amazing.

Completely worth it, the game library is underrated imo. Games like, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, Killzone Mercenary, Ys Memories of Celceta, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway among other games are all great. Also the library of PS1 and PSP games.

Also PS+ is such an amazing deal on Vita, I have tons of games both free or discounted through PS+. The only downside is the memory, I bought a 32gb and it lasted me awhile, but it is now filled up. I want to get a 64gb, but its pretty steep at around 100$. Still though I love the Vita and I sometimes find myself playing it more than my consoles.

That's probably my biggest concern in getting one is the damn memory card. I'd love to get one after I get my PS4 though.

Back