Anybody own a ps vita?

TrainAllDay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
psvita_str_about.png

I got some extra cash and i'm thinking about buying one, I haven't owned a handheld gaming device (not including my phone) since my gameboy color back in the day.

Is it worth it?

Guy next to me on my flight to Mexico was playing with one. It looked pretty cool.

Ive seen them on Craigslist for 135 with a case and games. Well worth it imo.

if you have a PSN plus subscription, go ahead, but buy the biggest memory card you can afford (expensive as fuck).

If you dont, check first a list of the available games to see if something catches your attention

I have one. Way worth it in my opinion. The PSP digital catalog is full of good cheap games, PSN games and PS1 games on top of the pretty good PS Vita catalog.

The touch screen, graphics and controls are leagues above any handheld. Everything about it is great.

I've been playing the fuck out of Valkyria Chronicles 2 lately.

Can I get ps one games on it? Like symphony of the night?

I find investing in a handheld system will always wind up just being something to pass time when you're in the toilet.

Which stops me reading.

You have to ask yourself: are you really going to use it a lot? I didn't buy a Vita, but I did buy a PSP. I started a new job where I thought I would have a lot of down time while on the road. It didn't work out that way. Add in the fact that there were very few good games for the PSP and I barely used the thing.

I think the Vita has the same problem. Very few exclusive good games. I would say that if you already have ps+ then sure, because you will get free games. But if you don't and you don't have a lot of downtime outside of your home, you probably shouldn't bother.

I bought a 3DS without doing research on the Vita. Huge mistake. Vita can play ps1 classics (all those RPGs I want to play) and you can play some of your ps3 saved games on the Vita (the Show). It's pretty much everything I wanted in a handheld system but I'm a dumbass.

OK ive heard enough good things to be convinced I'm getting one. Plus that gundam game someone posted looked really badass

Tempting now that I've got a PS4 and Plus account.

I'm not really into video games anymore, which is weird to say considering I used to play for 8-12 hours a day. But I tried my buddies PS Vita a couple days ago and I'll admit it was pretty sweet.

Like I said, not my cup of tea. But for an avid gamer I'm sure it's incroyable.

The Vita is excellent. It's a shame that they are poorly marketed and most people don't care about them because it's probably one of the best handhelds ever made.

It's powerful, the interface is clean, it controls well, the remote play feature is great with the PS4 and if you like PS1 games, nearly all of them are available.

I wouldn't recommend one to everyone but if you have some free time at work, travel a lot of commute on a bus/subway, it's awesome. I always have mine with me at work and games like Hotline Miami pass the time quickly.

Wait for E3 in a few weeks to make sure they don't announce a price drop. A new, lighter version is out now in Japan and will be coming to the US.

It's worth it just to be able to play P4 the golden.
I've also played my PS4 more on the vita than using the ds4 so far.
It doesn't have the amount of amazing games available as the 3ds/2ds, but it's well worth it.

Wait for E3 in a few weeks to make sure they don't announce a price drop. A new, lighter version is out now in Japan and will be coming to the US.

I wonder how shitty the new non-amoled screen is in actual use. Comparison images makes it look less than great.

EU getting Dragon's Crown next month. Awesome. (PS Plus)

Back