Anybody know the reasoning behind Bruce Buffer screeching when he announces fighters?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it a throat problem or what? It could be a dry throat he does have to speak a lot during the event.

Somebody get that man a glass of water in between fights so his screeching goes away.

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean Buffer is a bad ass, then yes, I agree.

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean Buffer is a bad ass, then yes, I agree.

I agree he's a badass I mean the guy makes millions a year and probably couple of hundreds of thousands during Ufc events...now that's badass...but his screeching??

Torsion of the testes.

Sounds painful...whatever it is every time he does the high pitched screeching that hurts my ears...not sure what would hurt worst the sound or whatever it is you said.

threads like this keep me coming back. The reason for screeching...lol

Not sure what you mean. His voice is lower not high and shrill. When I think of "screeching" it's more of a high pitched womanly type scream. I think BB goes a bit overboard at times (trying to make it about him and not the event/fighters). But I wouldn't necessarily use the adjective "screeching" to describe his tone.

is it that time of the month? Doesnt bother me even if true.

Bruce buffer does not screech, maybe thats ur wife yelling at u for spending too much time on sherdog

lol Got that right. Wondered why the UFC never had Mike announced some fights.

Probably because they can't afford him. Remember when the Fedor deal didn't go through there was a video of Dana saying something like that would have cost us a fortune if we signed him...

He performs the same purpose as the Octagon Girls to the gay male demographic

He's more enthusiastic than his brother ever was.

He's a little upset b/c Michael is worth a few hundred mil and he's not.

Sometimes I'm convinced he does it just to annoy the fuck out of me.

Probably because they can't afford him. Remember when the Fedor deal didn't go through there was a video of Dana saying something like that would have cost us a fortune if we signed him...
Cost a fortune for whom? Are you talking about Fedor or Michael Buffer?

Because he's not Micheal Buffer.

I'm pretty sure this is 100% it.

Michael Buffer speaks in a dramatic, sonorous version of his real voice. Bruce Buffer has concocted this weird noise not at all related to his natural voice based on what he thinks he should sound like, which is probably based on what his brother sounds like.

Michael Buffer got better over time. Bruce Buffer gets worse over time. Watch some old fights. None of this "FIGHTING in the red corner" shit; he was more prone just to do his job.

Michael Buffer said "Let's get ready to rumm-bllle!" Bruce Buffer says, "IT'TH TIIIIIIME!" Compare and contrast.

Lastly, I mute the sound when Buffer is on the mic. There have been some annoying announcers over the year, but I don't think any others I've muted.

Back