Anybody know any good bjj people?

bjjfighter91

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Like a small guy around 150 or something or 130 pounds like Jeff Glover and his amazing flying triangles and flying armbars. Since im pretty small i wanna see how real good small bjj people use there speed and quickness to pull off moves.

bjjfighter91 said:
Like a small guy around 150 or something or 130 pounds like Jeff Glover and his amazing flying triangles and flying armbars. Since im pretty small i wanna see how real good small bjj people use there speed and quickness to pull off moves.
J.J. Machado.

But the best inspiration is what you yourself does.

I'm only 5'1, 130 pounds and I've done pretty good at some points.

Doing Open Weight this weekend.

i think renzo is the small one. like 5'5''? he's got a k1 fight coming up, i think.

err yeah royler. i'll never pretend i can remember all the gracies.

you're thinking of royler i beleive. he's one of the best lightweights around. leo viera, marcelo garcia, shaolin ribeiro....

Commissar said:
J.J. Machado.

But the best inspiration is what you yourself does.

I'm only 5'1, 130 pounds and I've done pretty good at some points.

Doing Open Weight this weekend.

Shit dude, good luck. The open weight division at WCMC is gonna be tough. I think Tom Montes and Ilya Goldman are gonna try for that. I heard Ilya is ridiculously technical. Best of luck man!

gracie_barra said:
Shit dude, good luck. The open weight division at WCMC is gonna be tough. I think Tom Montes and Ilya Goldman are gonna try for that. I heard Ilya is ridiculously technical. Best of luck man!
haha Thanks.

It should be fun. I'm not rediculously technical, and I'm not very strong at all, but I've got a good guard, so I'm hoping, if I use it correctly, I can catch a few in my pattened triangle ;).

Hey its at 1030 AM right? Not PM? Their website is useless. Are you in GI or no GI? Or is it one category?

gracie_barra said:
Hey its at 1030 AM right? Not PM? Their website is useless. Are you in GI or no GI? Or is it one category?
I think so.

I'll be in the lightest weight no and no-gi, and only gi Open weight. I've never done an Open weight before, and I tend to be better with my gi. So...

Ahh good stuff. Did you go to Marcus's class on Sunday? If so , how was it? I didn't have time to drop in.

gracie_barra said:
Ahh good stuff. Did you go to Marcus's class on Sunday? If so , how was it? I didn't have time to drop in.
Well... Sunday's in 3 days...

This coming Sunday, I'll be there. The Sunday right after this weekend's tournament.

Bibiano Fernades is the two time Mundial champion at 135lbs. If you read the thread about the Budo challenge, he submitted his first opponent with a flying triangle at the beginning of the match.

Royler Gracie, Ricardo de la Riva, Yuki Nakai, Vinicius Draculino, Carlos Escorrega, Leozinho Vieira, Fredson Paixao, Bibiano Fernandes, Rani Yahya, and Barret Yoshida all compete under 145 lbs. There's quite a varity of styles there for you to learn from.

Commissar said:
Well... Sunday's in 3 days...

This coming Sunday, I'll be there. The Sunday right after this weekend's tournament.

Sorry, I thought it was last Sunday. Tourney today- good luck man. Post up the results when you're done; I can't go because I have to study for some midterms. Take care.

Back