Anybody have this problem with their Samsung phone?

Badmudafuka

White Belt
Reaction score
After a few months is slows down/hangs, in a least two regards.

First, when you try and click it on, it can take several minutes for the screen to actually come on.

Second, when you try and type in text or any box it will take several minutes before what you type actually registers.

Anyone have this problem and know a fix? Its very weird - one fix is to factory reset the phone - it will take several months for the problem to crop again, but it does. Trying to not do a factory reset so I don't lose all my data and what not.

Thanks!

nope but ive had my s4 for more than 2 yrs now

Seems like something is wrong with your processor if there is a delayed reaction like you described. I would take it a dealer.

Thanks guys.

Dayam LogicalInsanity, you have this problem on an S6? In that case I will DEFINITELY not be buying a Samsung phone again.

Jonas Lite, I'm pretty sure its not a processor thing, as once I resent the phone to factory settings, thereby wiping everything, the problem goes away and doesn't creep up again for a few months. Its almost like there is a slow memory leak or something.

I've had 3 S4s - the first one had this problem, second one didn't, this one does. Hate this damned phone.

I too am thinking about going with an Iphone next time. But I'm definitely going with someone other than Samsung!

Thanks.

I actually have this problem with my $2300 60" Samsung 3DTV.

Of course, Samsung's support is shit, and they used the "out-of-warranty" excuse to get out of fixing it (which might've been as simple as a firmware upgrade).

I have an S3 and it's been horribly slow for the last month or two. I've had the phone for over 2.5 years.

I figured I probably need to clean some crap off of it.

S4 for 2 years also. Only problem ever had was battery which i replaced.

Things purposely go wrong with phones after a while so you're forced to buy a new one.

I have the Galaxy S3 since November of last year and have had several issues with it. About a month or two ago it wouldn't always charge. I would have to keep switching back and forth between different charges in different outlets until one would finally work. Then when it would work it would take about 8 hours or more to fully charge. It's been working fine now for the past few weeks and charges normally with any charger but now my wife's S3 started doing it. We got them at the same time and can't figure out why now her's is doing it or why mine isn't doing it anymore. I would never buy a Samsung phone again. Next time I'm getting an iphone.

I have an s5... don't have that problem, but God forbid I ever turn my wifi off. It takes 5-6 minutes to turn back on.

Same thing when I restart my phone.. 5-6 minutes before my wifi connects.

Pos phone.

format it, it's a pain to start all over again, but at leaat it will be smooth again

Gonna show this thread to my gf so she won't buy that shitty s6 edge she wants so bad.

My S6 works fine and is fast as fuck. Maybe u need to update your software?

Back