Anybody have insight on the ATOS Strength and Conditioning Program?

the biggest difference in keenan is his jaw.... at least to me his jaw looks much bigger

there's no doubt atos is juicing. actually, there's no doubt most teams are juicing. and can you blame them? jiu jitsu already doesn't offer much $$ so if the difference between making that money is juicing and not juicing, i don't blame them for doing so.

You are talking about an adult. A teenager can eat tons of food and not gain any fat. The metabolism of someone still growing is an amazing thing.

Plus they are training all the time.

Combine those two factors and they could eat cheeseburgers every day and put on muscle without gaining fat.

Fair enough.

Balto is right. I don't know the age of the competitors. If they are young adults who are growing into full adulthood who are training all the time and have a very good GPP program, then certainly they'll look the part.

The only picture shown thus far that made me go "wow" is the one I commented on earlier anyhow. The rest look perfectly normal.

FACT: I never said anyone was on PEDs or doing anything illegal. I merely posted pictures of competitors who made astronomical muscle gains.

Its amazing how pissed off a few guys are getting over this and how they found some way to tie Lloyd Irvin into it.

Fair enough.

Balto is right. I don't know the age of the competitors. If they are young adults who are growing into full adulthood who are training all the time and have a very good GPP program, then certainly they'll look the part.

The only picture shown thus far that made me go "wow" is the one I commented on earlier anyhow. The rest look perfectly normal.

There are ALOT of competitors that are just reaching "adulthood". These guys seem to be getting gains far past the average full time competitor though.

So far the reasoning for these astronomical gains are:

- They train BJJ more!
What about all the full time athletes that AREN'T getting those same gains?

-They are JUICING and everybody else is too!
Why aren't most other successful competitors making the same gains?

-Its easy to put on tons of muscle when you are young!
These guys are at the average age for the top competitors. Why are they getting these gains and everyone else isn't?

JustThe Tip, Do you have topless pictures of Keenan and Galvao ' s opponents from last year and this year for comparison? How do you know they did not making the same "gain"?

Friend of mine just came back from a few months there. He said most guys who do S&C do it old-school: just lift heavy stuff. There was a crossfit wave for a while, but those who fell for it found out it took too much of their energy and negatively affected their grappling too much.

cross fit really is the worst for any sport!

Because Atos does train differently and arguably better. All their top guys are very close to each other geographically and train together often, and they're very technically innovative and drill like madmen. I don't think their success is due to their physical training or drug use, frankly I think those are table stakes these days for top BJJ guys.

i love how they train

im gonna watch that bjj hacks video again

Rolando was never "chubby". I've known him since he was a little kid. He was a skinny kid with not much definition. He's jacked now. I think that's a combination of him maturing into manhood along with S&C program.

I concur. I have known Rolando since he was 12 or 13 and he has never been chubby. He was a flexible wiry kid. Must be the pajamas making him look chubby?

2 years ago Rolando Samson was a chubby kid and now he looks like a bodybuilder. A few years ago Mike Carbullido was a middleweight.The next year he was a HUGE Medium Heavy. Then he was a HUGE Heavyweight.Then the next year he was a middle weight and a year later he puts on more than 20 lbs of muscle and is a HUGE Heavyweight. Both Galvaos look like bodybuilders. Anybody have insight on their strength and conditioning program?

they probably just train instead of not training with lloyd but riding lloyd's satchel like some thread starters

There are ALOT of competitors that are just reaching "adulthood". These guys seem to be getting gains far past the average full time competitor though.

- They train BJJ more!

These guys are at the average age for the top competitors. Why are they getting these gains and everyone else isn't?

What happens when a standout HS wrestler goes to a D1 program?

They get better training with tougher training partners and they usually get bigger and stronger. Their physiques are comparable to top BJJ guys and their training is similar.
If
Lloyd Irvin = Strong HS wrestling progam/Prep school
Atos = D1 Powerhouse

What happens when a standout HS wrestler goes to a D1 program?

They get better training with tougher training partners and they usually get bigger and stronger. Their physiques are comparable to top BJJ guys and their training is similar.
If
Lloyd Irvin = Strong HS wrestling progam/Prep school
Atos = D1 Powerhouse

because steroid

/JustTheTip

4f615fe45cff3-image.jpg

- They train BJJ more!

Have you compared Rodlfo from 2 years ago until now? Buchecha? Its very normal.

You are using your own narrow mindedness to confirm what you want to espouse. It actually happens all the time.

Leandro Lo went up in weight too. Tons of guys.

Get over it - your attempts are transparent and pathetic.

JustThe Tip, Do you have topless pictures of Keenan and Galvao ' s opponents from last year and this year for comparison? How do you know they did not making the same "gain"?

Exactly. He is taking two people and saying no one else has had gains like them...which is wholly untrue, but maybe if he keeps repeating it someone will believe him :rolleyes:

Rofl.

And this guy hasn't been tagged for probable juicing?

Good God.

Come on man. He is a growing boy that has just entered manhood. You didn't look like that at 20 years old?

You realize the first picture is when he was 15, maybe 16 with zero weight training and the last picture of when he's now 19, with strength training?

And you're saying it was steroids? Riiiiggghhhtttttt

None of the photos posted really look incriminating to me.

Jt said that when he first got to Atos the workload was so high he wasn't sure if he would make it. Combine an increased workload like that with diet and rest to support it and you will get more muscular like Keenan did.

There are plenty of D1 wrestlers in these guys shape or better.

Wouldn't such an increased workload prevent you from gaining weight and muscle?

Also, people should grow up about PED. These guys are dedicating their whole lives to BJJ, and I personally feel they've more than earned the right to put whatever they want in their own bodies.

keenan getting bigger is simply him growing into a more adult body. he was like 18-19 years old when he was at LI as a purple belt. of course with lifting weights and just growing into more of a man he will add size

I think you can get dubs for unsubstantiated allegations of steroid use, but I don't know for sure.

oh, thanx. But its pretty much a given most of these guys are on something - even if it's only for the "recovery" benefits.

Back