Anybody have insight on the ATOS Strength and Conditioning Program?

JustTheTip

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
2 years ago Rolando Samson was a chubby kid and now he looks like a bodybuilder. A few years ago Mike Carbullido was a middleweight.The next year he was a HUGE Medium Heavy. Then he was a HUGE Heavyweight.Then the next year he was a middle weight and a year later he puts on more than 20 lbs of muscle and is a HUGE Heavyweight. Both Galvaos look like bodybuilders. Anybody have insight on their strength and conditioning program?

If they look like bodybuilders, they're probably training like bodybuilders.

Mendes+1.jpg

Everyone knows it's from all that dancing they do at Chippendales.

i'm not sure if the mendes bros have S&C program because they are here at the gym training & teaching all day long, monday through friday

Rolando was never "chubby". I've known him since he was a little kid. He was a skinny kid with not much definition. He's jacked now. I think that's a combination of him maturing into manhood along with S&C program.

It's a year old but I wondered the same thing and found this online:

Q: What does your training schedule look like?

A: I try to train everyday depending my school schedule and responsibilities at home. I have school Mon-Thu. Tue & Thu I

Rolando was never "chubby". I've known him since he was a little kid. He was a skinny kid with not much definition. He's jacked now. I think that's a combination of him maturing into manhood along with S&C program.

This

Friend of mine just came back from a few months there. He said most guys who do S&C do it old-school: just lift heavy stuff. There was a crossfit wave for a while, but those who fell for it found out it took too much of their energy and negatively affected their grappling too much.

Exactly what I was thinking, but not sure if this will get you dubs or not...

Can you get dubs for that? I'd say that they're more "player" than fighter (well the strictly bjj guys).

Keenan ain't no pencil neck anymore either....

Yeah I forgot to list him.

This:
Keenan-Cornelius-Mundial-2012.jpg

keenan.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Keenan-Cornelius1.jpg

to this in 2 years:
tumblr_mhknol11Bu1r5jqbfo1_1280.jpg

keenan1.jpg

Most guys lose weight with training hours of BJJ. Most bodybuilders would be happy with gains like that and they eat thousands of calories a day and certainly don't burn as many calories. Anybody have any insight?

5000 calories a day, lifting hard, training hard, sleeping 10 hours per night and in some cases a bunch of HGH, does wonders :)

Andre and Rafa have passed World Anti Doping Agencey drug tests(same ban list as the Olympics but only day of testing)(obviously testing can be beat but I'm kind of skeptical that people in a sport that doesn't pay anything have the resources to get cutting edge undetectable stuff).

edit: Fixed my post to point out that it wasn't true "olympic style" drug testing. Even still, in my mind the fact that they passed those tests means you should probably have something more than a picture if you want to accuse someone of cheating.

Last edited:
Back