Anybody have experience with everlast's "nevatear" bags?

757mma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I bought this a couple days ago, and so far it has been great. I've seen Canelo Alvarez work on this kind of bag in his heavy bag videos, but he has the "powercore" version which is still synthetic leather I believe. Heard a lot about the filling inside becoming rock hard at the bottom and soft from the middle up, have not experienced this but probably will soon. I am wondering how durable is the plastic zipper on the top? I noticed that it opened a tiny bit after I did my heavy bag workout, I really want to make this bag last as long as I can. Also, what is a good way to ever refill the bag when it gets too soft/hard? Thanks!

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2013/06/Mike/sponsored/gift_7/Punching-bag.jpg

I have heard hit or miss on the Nevatear bags. Some people have them and they last....others have torn the cover and had it become rock hard.

I have heard hit or miss on the Nevatear bags. Some people have them and they last....others have torn the cover and had it become rock hard.

Everlast fills their bags (i never tried a high end leather one) with shredded fabric and bags of sand. The sand is supposed to be in the center, however, after rounds of abuse the sand bags move to the side and bottom.

Nevatear bags last a long time, however, they destroy gloves quickly. The best use of them is for grappling conditioning.

Edit: I filled a thai bag once with a bunch of cheap everlast bags i got off craigslist. Some of the bags had sand poured in, however, most had the sand in bags.

Thanks for the responses guys, I am wondering what the high end heavy bags are filled with. They are very expensive compared to the nevatear/other versions. Also, any tips of what I should do if I should ever have to refill the bag? I would like it to be not too hard but not too soft.

Thanks for the responses guys, I am wondering what the high end heavy bags are filled with. They are very expensive compared to the nevatear/other versions. Also, any tips of what I should do if I should ever have to refill the bag? I would like it to be not too hard but not too soft.

If you your bag is to hard, you need to empty it out and re-fill it with the contents, minus the sand. If the bag is to soft you need to add more filler, once again, no sand.

The best way to fill a bag is with 5cmx5cm pieces of fabric, pushing it down with a sledge hammer. If you are filling many bags you should modify a hand dirt compactor (i.e., grind it into a circle).

Title has some decent bags that are good, whats your budget? Or are you set on everlast?

Everlast fills their bags (i never tried a high end leather one) with shredded fabric and bags of sand. The sand is supposed to be in the center, however, after rounds of abuse the sand bags move to the side and bottom.

Nevatear bags last a long time, however, they destroy gloves quickly. The best use of them is for grappling conditioning.

Edit: I filled a thai bag once with a bunch of cheap everlast bags i got off craigslist. Some of the bags had sand poured in, however, most had the sand in bags.

How do they destroy gloves? I thought only canvas bags did that. The nevatear is synthetic right? or am I completely wrong.

How do they destroy gloves? I thought only canvas bags did that. The nevatear is synthetic right? or am I completely wrong.

They start peeling, which leads most gyms to duct tape them. Duct tape attacks dust and dirt, this is what ruins the gloves.

Everlast nevertear is actually : nevalast evertear

Title has some decent bags that are good, whats your budget? Or are you set on everlast?

Yeah, it was an early birthday gift to me. Seems to be holding up fine and my gloves are good as well lol

Back