Anybody have a GIF of Royce kneeing Ken in the balls?

He did knee him in the balls, but 2 things:

1. I respect Ken for being a pioneer, but lately he is making excuses that make him sound so inexperienced. Recently he said he loosened his choke because Kimbo tapped. A guy as experienced as Ken should know not to stop until the ref stops you. Now against Royce he complains there was a groin strike. But you can't just grab your groin and hope the ref stops and gives you a break. You have to keep defending. Someone as experienced as Ken should know it.

2. I agree with Royce. You guys come from the time of NHB. You wanted to avenge your NHB loss. Well, in that day there was hair pulling, groin strikes, bareknuckle etc. this was tame by comparison.
Don't you think it would be a bit more fair to Ken to let him know they were gonna fight NHB rules instead of signing a contract to fight within the unified rules, so you know let ken know smashing nuts is A Ok

He did knee him in the balls, but 2 things:

1. I respect Ken for being a pioneer, but lately he is making excuses that make him sound so inexperienced. Recently he said he loosened his choke because Kimbo tapped. A guy as experienced as Ken should know not to stop until the ref stops you. Now against Royce he complains there was a groin strike. But you can't just grab your groin and hope the ref stops and gives you a break. You have to keep defending. Someone as experienced as Ken should know it.

2. I agree with Royce. You guys come from the time of NHB. You wanted to avenge your NHB loss. Well, in that day there was hair pulling, groin strikes, bareknuckle etc. this was tame by comparison.
I see where you're coming from, but:

1. the kimbo fight was an obvious work, in the sense that: no way is Ken pushing Kimbo around like that and getting a ridiculously easy takedown, if he can't even budge fucking ROYCE in the clinch anymore. obviously the choke should have been a lock, even I could get that on Kimbo. Ken is trying to sell that fight as legit by claiming he backed off on the choke. If you rewatch, you''ll see that he isn't exerting any force on the choke and is completely relaxed and loose. He even pushes Kimbo's head away from the choke instead of into it. That has nothing to do with training as a fucking six year old knows not to do that.

2. I am inclined to agree as well BUT this should then have been agreed upon before the fight. Nut shots are a blatant violation of the rules, nowadays.

Don't you think it would be a bit more fair to Ken to let him know they were gonna fight NHB rules instead of signing a contract to fight within the unified rules, so you know let ken know smashing nuts is A Ok

It wasn't intentional on Royces part. My point is just that a couple of guys from the NHB day would seem like the least likely guys to turtle up after a nut shot and cry foul.

I want a sound loop of mike tyson saying THIIILLY WAAAABBIT

Looks like Royce caught him on the waistline. Doesn't look like a nut shot to me.

It wasn't intentional on Royces part. My point is just that a couple of guys from the NHB day would seem like the least likely guys to turtle up after a nut shot and cry foul.
Why not cry foul? Ken fought plenty under the unified rules. I guarantee if the reverse happened half the gracie clan would be frothing at the mouth

26FPMYxanN8QpcKFG.gif

Cup Check Gracie
I'm not seeing an illegal knee to the groin. I'm just seeing a knee to the waist line that caught a little bit of the cup. It was clean and Shamrock lost.

Ken took the knee to the face and wanted out. Shamrock is going to Shamrock. Give Royce his props.

Wow people in here are more foolish than I thought possible. You really think Ken is faking getting KNEED IN THE GROIN?

I'm not seeing an illegal knee to the groin. I'm just seeing a knee to the waist line that caught a little bit of the cup. It was clean and Shamrock lost.

"Caught a bit of cup" thus illegal. Shamrock did lose and likely would have lost no matter what, but that was a low blow, even if it hits the waist line but the knee comes down to the cup, its still..illegal.

What is more painful?
Getting kneed in the belly or being on Royce's KO list?

Seriously some of you have never seen a delayed reaction from a nut shot? Did you guys not play soccer?

You need to get your eyes checked, his knee lands right on Ken's groin. Also it sounds like you have never worn a cup in your life.

The knee might slightly graze his lowest abs on the follow through but it lands on his groin.

So stupid. Why isn't a real referee involved in that match.

Well, I think they typically alternate the top ref, so they aren't doing consecutive fights.
Big John got assigned Kimbo - Dada, instead of the final event, because they're big and were acting up before the fight, and someone figured they'd need his control there.

That left junior handling Gracie - Shamrock.

I honestly don't even think it hit him in the nuts. The angle from behind Royce makes it looks like it hit him in the hip. Possibly hit a nerve?

I saw another video with a close-up of Ken's face and he was grimacing and appeared to be talking as he was being taken down.

Ken has fought tons of fights under the unified rules, so that's what he's used to. And neither he nor Royce ever took a hard groin shot in the early days--unless it happened to Ken in a fight in Japan. I didn't see all of those, but I've seen Ken and Royce's early UFC fights.

Seriously some of you have never seen a delayed reaction from a nut shot? Did you guys not play soccer?

I get the idea most people here are getting their knowlege from movies and video games...

Back