Anybody ever think about being stranded, what would suck more?

Lmao ewwww the fuck is that beef thing??? I hope that's fake. God that's nasty man.

:eek:Its real:confused:

2689.png

Its all terribly real...
tumblr_l5yxcnxtHc1qcggdqo1_500.jpg

The African, and Middle East deserts cannot be that bad because people are and have always traversed them since before the Pharoahs. Or else how else did people get to the Nile, Oman, the Maghreb?
It depends on how prepped you are in the first place. At the North Pole, you have to have layers on you already or you dead, unless it is summer. In the desert, shirt and pant are fine.

Shit even in summer many places still having freezing weather I thought.

Extreme cold is the worst on earth. We don't get temperatues high enough to kill as quick as we do freezing temperatures. And yeah it says a lot about where people including people from the primitive days lived. Sweden, Russia, much of Canada are cold but they all have their parts that practically nobody lives in, even to this day. Compare that to major cities in the Desert or a place like Riyadh or Vegas.

Much of Siberia can be brutal but is survivable especially areas that have Taiga. The true subpolar areas though and the Tundra are death sentences I'd say without proper technology and even then it can be deadly.

I'm torn. On one hand Bombe Alaska is American and the most masculine dessert in existence

Bombe-Alaska_thumb.jpg

But it can also look pretty :eek::eek::eek:gy.

FNM080109Cover021_pink_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

True story that happened to my neighbor......

He drives to Utah's Canyonlands National Park for a day of hiking. During the hike, he meets a couple of cute girls and shows them an underground pool. After swimming, he leaves the girls and continues his hike through a slot canyon in Blue John Canyon. While climbing down, he slips and falls, knocking loose a boulder which flattens his right hand and wrist against the wall. Unable to move the boulder, he tries calling for help but realizes that he is alone. He begins recording a video diary to maintain morale, and uses his pocket knife, with his left hand, to chip away parts of the boulder in order to free his trapped arm. He rations his food and water, in order to survive the ordeal.

After many hours of chipping away at the boulder, he realizes he is not getting any closer to freeing himself. He sets up a pulley system using his climbing rope to try and lift the boulder, to futile attempt.

Days after being trapped, he considers using his pocket knife to cut himself free, but finds the dull blade unable to cut bone. With no water, he is forced to drink his own urine. His vlogs then become desperate and depressing. He hallucinates about escape, relationships, and past experiences, including a former lover, family, and the hikers. He then reflects that the boulder was his destiny.

He realizes that by his knowledge of applying torque, he can break the radius and ulna, letting him amputate his arm in order to escape. He fashions a crudetourniquet out of CamelBak tube insulation, uses a carabiner to tighten it, and cuts tissue soon to his success. He wraps the stump of his arm to prevent exsanguination and takes a picture of the boulder. He then rappels down a 65-foot rockface using his other arm, and drinks rainwater from a small pond in the hot midday sun. During his miles-long hike for help, he stops to admire the Great Gallery at the Horseshoe Canyon. He meets a family on a day hike, who alert the authorities to his presence, and a Utah Highway Patrol helicopter is dispatched. He is taken to a hospital where he recovers, and is fitted with a prosthesis, and continues his hobbies of climbing canyons and mountains, along with starting a family of his own.

That is about as bad as it gets!

I can surely survive in both hot and cold desserts

He realizes that by his knowledge of applying torque, he can break the radius and ulna, letting him amputate his arm in order to escape.

Sounds hardcore, but there's no way you'd be able to live more than 5.29 days in that sort of predicament.

Well for one, in the north pole you're surrounded by water.

You're also surrounded by options for shelter (ice caves, or you can dig a hole)

If you had some sort of proper clothes and something like a gun that would really help you out.

In one of them deserts I'm talking about there is literally nothing but sand.

even in deserts there are things like oasis and water holes that people live by or form a living around. if you look at places in the middle-east a lot of them are basically cities in desert environments. so if you have the supplies, you could live in a desert. its doable. the bedouin arabs and taureg peoples of the sahara wouldnt exist if not possible. but no one ever bothered colonizing a place like antartica. humans even went to harsh dry environments like australia, the sahara, the najd desert, libya etc.

Extreme insects would be the most, like northern ontario during black fly season or the amazon, like going crazy from being damn near eaten alive. would suck!!!!

He drives to Utah's Canyonlands National Park for a day of hiking. During the hike, he meets a couple of cute girls and shows them an underground pool. After swimming, he leaves the girls and continues his hike through a slot canyon in Blue John Canyon. While climbing down, he slips and falls, knocking loose a boulder which flattens his right hand and wrist against the wall. Unable to move the boulder, he tries calling for help but realizes that he is alone. He begins recording a video diary to maintain morale, and uses his pocket knife, with his left hand, to chip away parts of the boulder in order to free his trapped arm. He rations his food and water, in order to survive the ordeal.

After many hours of chipping away at the boulder, he realizes he is not getting any closer to freeing himself. He sets up a pulley system using his climbing rope to try and lift the boulder, to futile attempt.

Days after being trapped, he considers using his pocket knife to cut himself free, but finds the dull blade unable to cut bone. With no water, he is forced to drink his own urine. His vlogs then become desperate and depressing. He hallucinates about escape, relationships, and past experiences, including a former lover, family, and the hikers. He then reflects that the boulder was his destiny.

He realizes that by his knowledge of applying torque, he can break the radius and ulna, letting him amputate his arm in order to escape. He fashions a crudetourniquet out of CamelBak tube insulation, uses a carabiner to tighten it, and cuts tissue soon to his success. He wraps the stump of his arm to prevent exsanguination and takes a picture of the boulder. He then rappels down a 65-foot rockface using his other arm, and drinks rainwater from a small pond in the hot midday sun. During his miles-long hike for help, he stops to admire the Great Gallery at the Horseshoe Canyon. He meets a family on a day hike, who alert the authorities to his presence, and a Utah Highway Patrol helicopter is dispatched. He is taken to a hospital where he recovers, and is fitted with a prosthesis, and continues his hobbies of climbing canyons and mountains, along with starting a family of his own.

I remember that story, and I believe they made a movie out of it too.

cool story bro. pretty sure this would have been a book or movie and huge if true

":eek::eek::eek:gy" Desert? I'm not even sure what that means. But Death Valley U.S. Is considered the constintently hottest place on Earth.

The thing with being stranded is that you will most likely die. Because if it would be easy to survive wherever you are stranded it would have people there already.

you would think. i tried to tell him he should approach a studio or publisher about it

it would have at least been a news story. i had a friend who was trapped on an island. in one of the caves he was bitten by a snake and paralyzed from the waist down. he drank his own urine and dragged himself back to the beach and build a big 'help me' sign. an F16 pilot saw it and then a rescue was sent. hes in a wheelchair now but he still pursues his hobby of finding uncharted islands.

it would have at least been a news story. i had a friend who was trapped on an island. in one of the caves he was bitten by a snake and paralyzed from the waist down. he drank his own urine and dragged himself back to the beach and build a big 'help me' sign. an F16 pilot saw it and then a rescue was sent. hes in a wheelchair now but he still pursues his hobby of finding uncharted islands.
well my dad can beat up your dad.

yea, it made it on the local news, but it never got past that point

Back