Anybody else would love to see Mir and Jones in the grappling circuit

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The next 2 years?

I know I do. EBI or Metamoris or whatever. Let them grapple. Both are very good grapplers, at least let us see them grapple vs great grapplers, what do you think?

lol imagine if Mir got hold of one of Jon's legs.

snap-clipart-snap.jpg

Mir it makes a lot of sense and he can probably find a good deal of commensurate matchups.

I don't see Jon doing it - he's already a multimillionaire and he's probably too big of a deal for the type of money the various grappling orgs could offer him.

He's young enough that a two year break can be spent training, and he'll return as the likely shoe-in to be champion again.

Mir would be very interesting to watch. Same with jones, always cool to see how top level mma grapplers do against pure grapplers

lmao didn't Vitor injure Jones' elbow? Mir would do horrifying things to his limbs

Chael started a grapple promotion as well

Jones doesn't have a strong a pure grappling. His entire style is MMA oriented.

Jones doesn't have a strong a pure grappling. His entire style is MMA oriented.
I would say that about his striking for sure. But I think he'd do fine in pure grappling with his wrestling background, throws, and ability to use his length and power

I would say that about his striking for sure. But I think he'd do fine in pure grappling with his wrestling background, throws, and ability to use his length and power
It's the other way around. His striking is better than his grappling. He even admitted after the Vitor fight that he never trained BJJ for that fight. His style is very specific for MMA. His wrestling is decent but he's been beaten in wrestling competitions to guys in lighter weightclasses than him from the UFC.

Back