Anybody else wanna see Rory MacDonald in Bellator?

• Thread starter Deleted member 510653
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 510653

I think this could be a great thing. He's still young, and there are a lot of interesting matchups over there if he ends up signing. I'm sure he'd get an instant title shot like Bendo did, but imo would be a bad matchup for Koreshkov. I think if he racks up a few ws he'd come back stronger plus it'd be Bellator's biggest signing to date. Any chance of this actually coming into fruition?

No.

Better fights in the ufc for him]

bXvGY_s-200x150.gif

no he will likely finish every bellator welterweight in the first rd

Bellasnore would be the wrong move. He needs to fix his nose

Let him take another year or 2 off and have the appropriate surgeries and lay off for his nose to recover, then come back and claim the division when everybody else is old and he's 28.

I think this could be a great thing. He's still young, and there are a lot of interesting matchups over there if he ends up signing. I'm sure he'd get an instant title shot like Bendo did, but imo would be a bad matchup for Koreshkov. I think if he racks up a few ws he'd come back stronger plus it'd be Bellator's biggest signing to date. Any chance of this actually coming into fruition?

What are the interesting matchups? Koreshkov, Lima and MVP, that's it in my opinion.

What are the interesting matchups? Koreshkov, Lima and MVP, that's it in my opinion.

Three big fights is a decent start, that covers nearly two years of action.
Plus they could possibly sign a guy like Askren before he finishes going through those three, and possibly be up to four solid fights.

Its enough good fights that I don't think its that bad, you can't really find any more big time fights in the UFC than in Bellator for him if you rule out rematches. Who do you want to see him fight that he hasn't already?

Last edited:
No.

Better fights in the ufc for him]

What are those fights? He has already fought:

Woodley
Condit (this one is old enough a rematch wouldn't bother me)
Lawler
Wonderboy
Maia
Saffiedine
Ellenberger
Nate Diaz ( I guess you could have Nick get revenge for his brother)
& allegedly won't fight GSP if he returns.

Any chance of this actually coming into fruition?

I think its a 50/50 chance. Given his youth and destruction over the current UFC champ I could see it being their biggest signing, but its hard to not give that title to Bendo still with all of the title defenses he had.

They got Bendo fighting a fw Patricio Pitbull for a title eliminator fight, that's how bad Bellator is hurting for new blood. I think Coker needs to jump on this one, I think a move to a smaller org and an oppertunity to clean out their division would help him regain some confidence and negotiate with the UFC. I like Bellator, and would appreciate seeing him there. It'd also be a test for guys like Page to see if they are UFC caliber in the first place. I'm real interested to see where this goes.

Plus they could possibly sign a guy like Askren before he finishes going through those three, and possibly be up to four solid fights.

Its enough good fights that I don't think its that bad, you can't really find any more big time fights in the UFC than in Bellator for him if you rule out rematches. Who do you want to see him fight that he hasn't already?

Other than Koreshkov, I think he could wrestlefuck the rest with ease

He would turn in the next Askren, the div is full of strikers right now

I don't think Bellator is very interested in signing guys like Askren with the direction they're heading right now.
Sure, three "big" fights are a decent start. But after that there is literally nothing (maybe Daley but I think he is waaaaay overrated). In the UFC there are atleast some interesting talents like Gastelum who could become interesting fights in the near future.

But you're right, Rory fought most of the top guys and most of those fights weren't controversial, Condit would be interesting like you said. So in my opinion the best idea from a fan's perspective: three fight deal with Bellator without auto renewal when he becomes the champ. Until then some interesting up and comers might emerge in the UFC. But that's wishful thinking, he should grab the most money he can get.

Few good Bellator fights so wouldnt be worst thing if he left, not like other divs where there is nothing.

But if you are asking me would I rather see

Bellator vs
Koreshkov
Daley
Lima
Gonzalez
MVP

Or in UFC vs
rematches
Lawler
Tyron
Maia
Wonderboy
Nate Diaz
Condit

Fresh fights
Cowboy
Brown
Nick Diaz
Magny
Kelvin
Hendricks
Stun Gun
Nelson
Story

So yeah the two or three really good Bellator fights for him arent nearly as good as UFC fresh fights and rematches.

not that it matters what any of us want, he's gonna sign with whoever gives him most money but in terms of fights the UFC is where its at.

Keep him in the UFC. He still has a lot of great fights ahead of him as long as he can get that nose issue taken care of.

I'd rather not see Bellator waste their money on Rory but UFC is surely going to low ball him.

Back