Anybody else Think JBJ would tool Cain and be HW champ?

Almost KO'd by Rashad, almost submitted by Vitor, allowed Machida to get in range and land strikes.

You watched a different Rashad fight.
I saw Jon Jones play with him like he was a child and mercifully showed the bell at the end of the fifth.

Who cares about defending belts? It means absolutely nothing when comparing across weight classes. So because Benson defended his belt twice he is better than Cain? Cain would have killed everyone that Bones fought. The only thing that matters is an educated discussion on how their styles match up, and it's not good news for bones.

???

On paper, jones has more ways to win so how exactly is that not good news for Jones.

Also the idea that Cain would have killed all the fighters jones has fought at 205 is conjecture. Cain is a good HW, lets not go overboard. The talent pool at HW is lacking.

Whats funny is Jones has more subs then Cain and JDS combined and on paper is the fighter with more options. I dont understand how this does not look good for jones.

If you think he would lose that is fine but the idea that juxtaposing their skills and styles is not looking good for jones is just not accurate.

Jones has the submission skills to sub Cain on paper along with his other attributes he brings to the table.

Last edited:
He did actually, he fougth HW Jake O'Brien and beat him in the second when he came to LHW.

You can say he hasnt faced HW's at HW but he did face a former HW at LHW in Jake.

Shalom

So like I said, he hasn't fought any HWs.

Jones is a beast, he could definitely move up to hw and be top 10. Hw is a whole different thing though, and Cain has been fighting way bigger guys that Machida, Rashad and Rampage. I see Jones struggling against JDS,Cain, Reem, Werdum and DC.

The combination of Jones adding 10-15 lbs, fighting a much bigger opponent, and Cain's ridiculous pace makes it hard for me to see any outcome in a fight between them where Jones doesn't gas hard.

...If he put on 15lb, how the hell would he be fighting "a much bigger opponent"?* Cain comes in at 240, and that's about what bones would weigh then.

Without cutting weight, I'm sure Bones gastank would be a little better, too.

Unless you're referring to his previous opponents. Then again Bonnar, Bader, Rampage, Shogun, etc all come in around 220-225, too. They're not significantly smaller than Cain, and like I said, Bones would be around 240 if he packed on 15 lbs of muscle.

Forgot to add, I don't think Bones would tool him, but I'd say he's got a good chance of winning. He's got more experience than Cain, and his long ass limbs give him incredible base. Cain better stay on top (we have no idea what Bones can do from his back?) for 5 rounds. I'd be more concerned about how he'd fare against the huge HWs, like Bigfoot or OvertheTElimit.

Back