Anybody else super jaded with the dating scene?

depends whatcha goin after. some ppl want serious relationships, others want flings, friends with benefits, meat on the side, or one niters

that routine i posted is just a typical setup for any type of dating. obviously spontaneity and ppls interests may have a factor

Doesn't matter what you're going after. There's no rule you have to date a certain way. The only thing is that people should be upfront about what they want, and as a prerequisite, they should obviously know what they want for themselves. Unfortunately, I don't think most people know what they want either. If you want a FWB, make that clear to the girl. If you want a girlfriend, make it clear that's what you're going for. Makes it a whole lot easier.

Go on Meetme. Ignore American women on Meetme. Bunch of god damn freaks. Type in a random Asian or south american country. Start talking to a girl who you think is pretty. Profit. Plently of women would love being with an American. Tell them you make 20,000 a year and they think you're rich. But you don't even need to bring up money. Girls just want love and fun.

Doesn't matter what you're going after. There's no rule you have to date a certain way. The only thing is that people should be upfront about what they want, and as a prerequisite, they should obviously know what they want for themselves. Unfortunately, I don't think most people know what they want either. If you want a FWB, make that clear to the girl. If you want a girlfriend, make it clear that's what you're going for. Makes it a whole lot easier.

nvr argued that u have to do things a certain way. wat i posted is an outline for a random date. take it or leave it, doesnt really matter

was not arguin that ppl must do it this way or any other ways.

ppls perspectives r different and ever-changing

i thought his character was hung up on dat indian chick, not tired of datin

She's so nasty.

mindy-kaling.jpg

Looks like Rosie Perez with no tits.

You need to realize what you just said. You said, 'I don't think most people know what they want' which I absolutely agree with. So that makes most of what you said meaningless(the parts about if you want this/that, be honest, etc..)

You need to realize what you just said. You said, 'I don't think most people know what they want' which I absolutely agree with. So that makes most of what you said meaningless(the parts about if you want this/that, be honest, etc..)

That's where self-reflection comes in. You should take time to think about what you want. If you do that, and have a better idea of what you want, not sure how being honest can be meaningless.

nvr argued that u have to do things a certain way. wat i posted is an outline for a random date. take it or leave it, doesnt really matter

was not arguin that ppl must do it this way or any other ways.

ppls perspectives r different and ever-changing

I wasn't arguing either. I assumed you were bored of the dating scene because you were stuck in doing things in a certain routine way. I was offering a different perspective that can help.

Yes and no.

It's alright going out with girls, but they do get boring rather quickly. The only one I met recently that was actually intriguing didn't reciprocate my feelings though :icon_lol:

That's where self-reflection comes in. You should take time to think about what you want. If you do that, and have a better idea of what you want, not sure how being honest can be meaningless.

I was saying, that saying 'be honest and upfront about what you want' doesn't make sense when you also say 'most people don't know what they want'. It's just easier on all fronts to say 'I can't predict the future, maybe I haven't met the right one yet, we'll see where things go' so by saying that you're just being completely honest regardless of what you think your intentions really are.

It's threads like this why
I'm glad I threw in the towel and got married. No offense though brah, I was in the same boat before I met my ol' lady.

I never got truly jaded about dating till I entered my 30's... (I am 32 right now).

I simply don't have the energy/desire to chase women and try and get laid, I am looking for something more serious, so I'm over the people-pleasing/lying to get laid phase.

I often work out of town so I am really not in a good position to be in a successful long term relationship.

I work with 99% men, and my social circle is 99% men, so I usually resort to online dating. The last time I was on POF, the women I talked to were all either A)women obsessed with getting pregnant before their ovaries dried up B)fat/ugly C)trannies. I am not kidding about C), I literally talked to a Filipino chick for like 3 days before asking her if she was a ladyboy. Her response was "I don't have to answer that." ...This would make any man jaded.

For young people, we don't have to deal with shrinking ovaries, but we have something similar. The girl in her early twenties, if that, with 1 to 3 kids. Seems like every chick who is even moderately attractive falls in to that category. Not that I have anything against young mothers, but I've got aspirations of building my life up, I can't really do that when I'm grinding just to take care of someone's kids. And if we split, the kids are going to be involved and they don't deserve that.

I would say tinder has been many times better for me than POF or OKCupid ever was, due to the fact that you don't waste your time and energy on people who really weren't somewhat interested in the first place.

I'm definitely not a social butterfly but have had plenty of ass from Tinder, even when I'm looking for an actual relationship and not just looking for a hookup. And surprisingly many of them were well educated and well employed.

Just be weary of STDs. I had set up a date (remarkably easy) with a Tinder chick. She had her instagram account linked to tinder, and it showed her username. I googled the username, and found she had a profile on a dating site for people with herpes.. her profile included the strains she had. I messaged her that I'd seen the profile and wasn't interested.. which was a polite understatement.

Just be weary of STDs. I had set up a date (remarkably easy) with a Tinder chick. She had her instagram account linked to tinder, and it showed her username. I googled the username, and found she had a profile on a dating site for people with herpes.. her profile included the strains she had. I messaged her that I'd seen the profile and wasn't interested.. which was a polite understatement.

With 10k you could start a service for that.

Back