Anybody else pissed??!

LEXTHEANARKIST

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Man fuck that ref, how can you let that go on so long?

Varner was clearly hurt.
Bullshit.

Hope Varner comes back strong.

How about Varner's corner not stopping the fight?

Varner landed some solid blows even when his ankle was hurt.

Couldn't even halfway enjoy the fight. The man was beaten in the first minute and no one stopped it for another four. Just wanted it to stop.

it's a tough call. varner had the wits to call it quits himself.

if he wants to keep fighting, then who is the ref or corner to say he can't?

yes I am pissed. During a break of action the ref should have stopped the fight and let the doctor inspect him to see if he was safe to continue, like they do for cuts. it was horrible watching his leg continually give out like that. Varnar is too tough for his own good

If Varner wanted it to be stopped, he could tap. No way the ref needs to stop this when Varner is fully aware of what's happening.

It was absurd. Everyone in a position to stop that fight who didn't should be banned.

I'm not pissed, but more in awe of Varner's ability to fight through that.

There were lots of opportunities to call a doctor in to get it checked out, and then restart without disadvantaging anyone if all's okay.

Varner is a warrior! Damn, he wanted to knock his opponent out with a broken ankle!

Mad respect for this warrior.

I liked that they gave him a chance, he was doing pretty damn good with a broken ankle

If Varner wanted it to be stopped, he could tap. No way the ref needs to stop this when Varner is fully aware of what's happening.

Tim Sylvia wanted to keep fighting Mir with a broken arm but Herb Dean made they right call and stopped the fight. Thats literally the refs job; the safety of the fighters.

He could've tapped at any time; but agreed, ref should have stopped it. The crazy part is he still made it a fight. I was screaming at my tv, I wanted him to win so bad.

Nevada needs to get over themselves and reinstate John.

John and Herb should be the only refs allowed in the cage until there is a fully developed program overseen exclusively by those two.

Jamie's corner should each have to take an unchecked leg kick from Aldo, Alves and Manhoef consecutively.

I hope you all blow up Dana's twitter for his disgusting "How tough is Varner tweet." Piece of shit should have been on the apron screaming at the ref to stop it.

And lastly props to Jamie for having the true mentality of a champion. He is the living embodiment of warrior spirit.

Back