Anybody else never have a cavity in their lives?

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I recently went to the dentist for the first time in about 4 years - the reason I never went was pure laziness/procrastination, as I've had dental the entire time - and I was pleased to see that I didn't have any cavities. Then I realized, I've never had one in my life. Now I've always had a sweet tooth, but it's pretty much specifically for chocolate (even more specifically, for Reese's). The dentist told me that chocolate doesn't really cause cavities, it's more sticky crap like gummy bears and such that cause them. She didn't seem to think it was a big deal, but off the top of the dome I don't think I know anyone else who's never had one. Did I hit some genetic lottery? Maybe that's a factor, the dentist said, but my parents, my brother and sister, and both of my kids have all had them. Maybe it just comes down to my dental hygiene habits. For all my other bullshit and bad habits, I've always been rigorous about brushing and flossing.

Anyone else here never have one in their lives? Or am I some kind of specimen.

Never had one. Hopefully never do.

You're still short though.

i've had one my entire life. i'm not a candy eater either. as a matter of fact, i'm not much of a sweet-tooth eater either. brush and floss daily, and you'll be fine. it's amazing the amount of people that still don't floss daily.

I think alot of it is genetics. My father grew up in a country with pretty low standards of dental care, yet he's never had a cavity. I've always brushed twice daily but never floss and I pretty much have perfect teeth.

You're still short though.

giphy.gif

Have I outed myself as a manlet on here before? Definitely short by Sherdog standards where the average height is 6'4.

I think alot of it is genetics. My father grew up in a country with pretty low standards of dental care, yet he's never had a cavity. I've always brushed twice daily but never floss and I pretty much have perfect teeth.

Well that's great to hear that you guys haven't had any, and interesting that you don't have any problems despite not flossing. The way the dentist talks about flossing always made it sound like it was just as important as the brushing, and I guess that's why I started actually doing it and have been for years.

My 1st and only one happened when i was 24 , and it happened while i was in special conditions, which was most probably the reason why it occured.
The pain absolutly sucked and the fact that it was 24 h non stop almost made me go crazy, cause after 4 days without sleep , i literally couldnt hear anyone speak...

I've never had one. I'm very anal about brushing and flossing though, I bet that helps.

Back