Anybody else miss Rampage?

Sherdog would cry like babies today if Rampage was harassing reporters threatening interviewers and trashing his opponents.

Definitely miss him. I'm still pissed that there was a time period when Cro Cop, Arlovski, Rampage, both Nogs, Vitor, Shogun, and Anderson were all under the same roof at the same time and the UFC completely shit the bed and didn't try to make dream fights happen.

Instead of seeing Cro Cop vs Arlovski or Little Nog vs Rampage, we got stuck with shit Cro Cop vs Anthony freakin Hamilton and Rampage vs Fabio Maldonado. Matchmaking, not injuries, interim belts, or money fights, is why the UFC has declined.

I miss him back when he actually trained hard and cared, before he slowly whittled away and became a twitter Drama queen.

It hit me today. I miss that guy. Gave some of the best interviews. He always brought the kind of power in striking and explosive wrestling that made for tense and compelling fights against the elite of the sport - for years.

He was one of the best in his prime. An early dynamo of compelling personality and serious fighting skills. And the odd psychotic meltdown, on-camera sexual assault and what have you.

War rampage. One of the best ever in the sport.
Yeah. Rampage in his prime was the man. At the same time, I don't care to see him losing to lesser fighters (career-wise) because he's out of shape.

Jon looked so pissed here
ufc_hype_begins_with_good_trash_talk_betweeen_jones_and_rampage.jpg

Big fan of Rampage back in the day his fights just had a certain level of violence to em.

Rampage in shape at LHW was great when he KOd Liddell and Wand, beat Machida and Hendo.
But not video game playing fat Rampage.

Not.. at... all. He was crap and would be let go instantly by any non-US org for his antics. True.

Not.. at... all. He was crap and would be let go instantly by any non-US org for his antics. True.
AS much as i hate his antics, you apparently havent watched much of his antics in japan (pride)

Praise to the guy who gave us one of the most brutal slam KOs ever

giphy.gif

Don't think the pure brutality of this KO is ever going to be surpassed.

Kinda yeah. I mean, everyone misses old school Rampage. The one that slammed the piss outta everyone. But yeah I guess.

Rampage will always be one of my all time favorites. But he's been shot for years. Still a warrior though.

Jon looked so pissed here
View attachment 602829

Big fan of Rampage back in the day his fights just had a certain level of violence to em.
yeah jones was so mad he went on to poke rampages eyes and beat the piss out of him until eventually choking in out all in the nature of revenge because jones was so pissed rampage did that.

tbh ive never really been that big a fan of rampage.

Tell us more.

Well if you're serious I met Rampage, Bisping, and Kongo at an Elite MMA signing before UFC 146 at MGM.
He just went out of his way to make sure we knew he wasn't a fan unless you got tits. I get it but at the same time don't be a fucking dick when representing sponsors at an event. Didn't approach him in a private setting, fuck head was sitting at a signing table snarling. If I see the fat fuck now I'll ankle pick him asap. lol

Rampage actually got me interested in Bellator when he first signed in 2013. He still had a bit of fire left right up until the Malbobabo fight, it seems.

I wish we ended up seeing that Rampage/Shogun. Besides Wanderlei, none of his Coker-Bellator fights were good.

If you buy into the "cracked chin" theory, it looks a lot like rampage made serious changes to both chuck Liddell and wanderlei Silvas careers.
for me wanderleis chin and recovery went after hunt fight in 2005, in that fight he said he was knocked out several times. after that fight he was never the same.
All his major losses came shortly after hunt fight:
vs arona - lost in gp
vs cro cop - got kod
vs hendo - kod again
then ufc era in chuck fight looked like shell of himself, got kod by rampage, leben
there were some good displays for wand after the hunt fight, but that fight ruined him, he took hunt on 3 days notice with weight difference of 30kg (65 lbs) - you got to respect the warrior spirit there

Back