Anybody else miss Rampage?

Stump

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It hit me today. I miss that guy. Gave some of the best interviews. He always brought the kind of power in striking and explosive wrestling that made for tense and compelling fights against the elite of the sport - for years.

He was one of the best in his prime. An early dynamo of compelling personality and serious fighting skills. And the odd psychotic meltdown, on-camera sexual assault and what have you.

War rampage. One of the best ever in the sport.

He’s still fighting. He just older and doesn’t really train anymore.

I miss old Rampage.

The one that trained for fights and didn't whine all the time.

He’s still fighting. He just older and doesn’t really train anymore.

Nope. He and fedor both stopped fighting right as their primes ended and their official records have simply been fiendishly adulterated by outside interests.

Of course
The GOAT

tumblr_m7wh3iY9dg1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

His fued with Rashad encompassed the golden era for the UFC imo..

I miss old Rampage.

The one that trained for fights and didn't whine all the time.

Yeah, that one. I dont miss the excuse making waaaaa-mpage or the sloppy hampage. I miss the fury of slampage.

What ever happened to wamrage, the poster btw?

Fuck, I've wasted a lot of my life on sherdog

Praise to the guy who gave us one of the most brutal slam KOs ever

giphy.gif

It hit me today. I miss that guy. Gave some of the best interviews. He always brought the kind of power in striking and explosive wrestling that made for tense and compelling fights against the elite of the sport - for years.

He was one of the best in his prime. An early dynamo of compelling personality and serious fighting skills. And the odd psychotic meltdown, on-camera sexual assault and what have you.

War rampage. One of the best ever in the sport.

Yeah more so cause I didn't appreciate him at the time. Was a Shad fan was always rooting on him to fail. Once I got older started watching interviews in the like I realized he was a far more interesting and relatable person than I thought as a kid. As a kid you don't really go in depth and interviews and stuff and to me Rampage was a stereotypical tough trash talking guy while Shad was a more relatable down to earth figure(who was I was rooting for cause I'd picked him to win a fight he wasn't supposed to win). Rampage was also champ when I first started being aware of MMA so I viewed other fighters as more of underdogs while I viewed him as the big bad guy.

In hindsight honestly regret not being a fan of his and he's underrated not just in the sense of how good he was but how much success he got for the wins and losses he had. After he won that Hendo fight the guy's career was just bad luck followed by more bad luck, mostly outside of the Octagon as circumstances denied him title shots(without the two losses would have been Tony Ferg level). The era between Chuck and Jones could have easily been a multi year Rampage reign with a little break here and there lost two title shots to getting hurt think he lost a third to doing a movie.

RESPECT. The natural born entertainer. Very funny guy, a natural one.

If you buy into the "cracked chin" theory, it looks a lot like rampage made serious changes to both chuck Liddell and wanderlei Silvas careers.

I miss his slams. Slam champ of the naughties and possibly all time.

been rewatching all of PRIDE for the umpteenth time,

Rampage outwrestling Randleman is so underrated, he took Randleman down briefly and dominated the clinch.

I also think Rampage was a better fighter in PRIDE than the UFC even though he became champ,

he dominated a more dangerous Chuck in PRIDE

and he still threw kicks, he hurt Bustamante with his leg kicks and people say shit like Rampage never threw kicks

Last edited:
Loved him before he coached on TUF. Hated him afterwards.

If you love dishing it out.....you gotta learn to take it.

Back